Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request ZBook 15-G3 Bios Dump

Are you trying to attach it on-board?

For wson8 chips you need to unsolder and then place between the soic8 clips. Or just solder to an adapter board. I find placing it between soic8 clips easier and faster.

Comment

Darn it, was hoping to not have to remove the BIOS chip from the board

What hot air station would you recommend I purchase for this sort of job?

Comment

Can you post a picture of the bios chip area.If theres a footprint for a sop-8 chip on the board you can hold open the clip and press down onto the pads.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I've tried to see if the clip would make proper contact with the pads just pressing it into place but had no luck
          Attached Files

Comment

Cheapest and quickest way would be soldering to those big pads. No point in buying a hot air station in this case.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I own a HP ZBook 15u G3, but unfortunately I forgot the BIOS admin password for it. I was able to dump & verify the content from both BIOS chips with a CH341a programmer (by following the nstructions in this forum). I then applied the HP_BIOS_Unlocker to the 8MB memory image and proceeded by flashing the unlocked image to the corresponding chip and made sure that the write process was successful, which it was. I then turned on my laptop and while it did boot (after some beeping and blinking of the CAPS-Lock LED), the BIOS password was still set. :-(
              When I analyzed the "_unlocked" file with a hex editor and a custom python script I found that all the HPUnlocker tool did, was writing a few 00 bytes near the start of the file where there used to be FF bytes. Is this to be expected or did something go wrong?

A few more details about my device
              Type: HP ZBook 15u G3
              Motherboard: Model 839236-601
              Chip A (BIOS?): 8 MB MX25L6473F
              Chip B (appears to contain login info): 16MB MX25L12873F

I would be very thankful for any type of help :-)

Best wishes, Fawi

Comment

Originally posted by fawi View Post
                Chip A (BIOS?): 8 MB MX25L6473F
                Chip B (appears to contain login info): 16MB MX25L12873F

Why would you think that?

16MB is the bios chip you need to modify.
                Write back your original 8MB.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  Why would you think that?
                  Thanks for the swift reply!

I thought that the 16 MB chip was related to login info because I inspected the contents of that chip - i.e. checked it for human-readable strings - and found quite a few that refer to user names, Windows account numbers (S-*-*... ) and so on. I didn't think that this info was stored in the BIOS/UEFI thus I thought it must be something else.

But I will apply your suggestions, hopefully, it works :-)

Comment

If you mean windows activation code, then yes, it has been stored in uefi for a long time now. Windows users are not stored there, only uefi users are (you can make multiple users in HP uefi)

Comment

Oh, I see, that explains it. Thanks for the info again :-)

Comment

Hi guys need unlock password for zbook 15 g3 bios bin file...THANKS
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elbtonet View Post
                          Hi guys need unlock password for zbook 15 g3 bios bin file...THANKS
                          try..
                          Attached Files
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Genius

Comment

Hi,
                              My HP Zbook 15 G3 asks for a user and password right after starting the notebook (see attachment).

I got into this state through a security software from HP (HP Client Security Manager).

- Would it also work theoretically that I restore an already reopened BIOS where the password has already been removed again or is there a problem and it must be my own BIOS?

I feel the same as many before in the forum. Despite proof of purchase and HP software being to blame for the problem, HP only offers to replace the motherboard for just under 400 euros.

The possibility to generate a SCT.BIN file (HP does not make since mid 2019) is simply not offered (with it you could reset the internal BIOS passwords. datie is searched with a certain key combination from a USB stick).

Thanks Eudh for your help in advance you are my salvation.

Kind Regards

Ronald
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by RonaldMacDonald; 02-09-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldMacDonald View Post
                                Hi,
                                My HP Zbook 15 G3 asks for a user and password right after starting the notebook (see attachment).

I got into this state through a security software from HP (HP Client Security Manager).

- Would it also work theoretically that I restore an already reopened BIOS where the password has already been removed again or is there a problem and it must be my own BIOS?

I feel the same as many before in the forum. Despite proof of purchase and HP software being to blame for the problem, HP only offers to replace the motherboard for just under 400 euros.

The possibility to generate a SCT.BIN file (HP does not make since mid 2019) is simply not offered (with it you could reset the internal BIOS passwords. datie is searched with a certain key combination from a USB stick).

Thanks Eudh for your help in advance you are my salvation.

Kind Regards

Ronald
                                post the backup of the bios
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

@peste - Thank you. You are my saviour.

I'm still waiting for the eprom burner with pliers to read out the BIOS chip (Type: CH341A - Amazon offer: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I think there have already been a few readouts on the notebook.
                                  Can someone tell me where the BIOS chip is located on the mainboard?
                                  My mainboard has the number (system board ID: 80D5 / SKU number: M9R62AV).

Thank you for your help and great support in advance.

Kind Regards

Ronald

Comment

@peste - Thank you. You are my saviour.

I'm still waiting for the eprom burner with pliers to read out the BIOS chip (Type: CH341A - Amazon offer: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I think there have already been a few readouts on the notebook.
                                    Can someone tell me where the BIOS chip is located on the mainboard?
                                    My mainboard has the number (system board ID: 80D5 / SKU number: M9R62AV).

Thank you for your help and great support in advance.

Kind Regards

Ronald
                                    post pictures of both sides of the motherboard.

Comment

EEpromer arrived yesterday (thanks to Amazon) (Type: CH341A - Link:https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I am still looking for the appropriate software for the EEpromer and am trying to classify the 5V - 3.3V and am considering whether I should modify the Epromer (with two small changes it only has 3.3 V on all connections). I have also read many times that it worked like this (reading and writing the BIOS) without changing the epromer and the voltage. If anyone who has already done it has a tip for me, please let me know.

I found two Winbond chips on the mainboard (see pictures). The question is which one is the right one? My guess is the chip with the name "BIOS" underneath, but the question is what the other chip is for.

Should I disconnect the internal battery and the CMOS battery when reading and writing or does it matter?

Thanks for your help and support in advance.

Kind Regards

Ronald
                                      Attached Files

Comment

EEpromer arrived yesterday (thanks to Amazon) (Type: CH341A - Link:https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I am still looking for the appropriate software for the EEpromer and am trying to classify the 5V - 3.3V and am considering whether I should modify the Epromer (with two small changes it only has 3.3 V on all connections). I have also read many times that it worked like this (reading and writing the BIOS) without changing the epromer and the voltage. If anyone who has already done it has a tip for me, please let me know.

I found two Winbond chips on the mainboard (see pictures). The question is which one is the right one? My guess is the chip with the name "BIOS" underneath, but the question is what the other chip is for.

Should I disconnect the internal battery and the CMOS battery when reading and writing or does it matter?

Thanks for your help and support in advance.

Kind Regards

Ronald
                                        remove the internal battery for any operation in the laptop, so as not to accidentally make any short, you can also remove the bios battery ... post only the contents of the 25Q128FV chip ...

Comment

@peste: Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X