Help on desoldering transistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help on desoldering transistor

I think a neat solution for cooling a passive graphics card would be to use the slot next to the graphics card for a slot mounted fan.

Something like this Antec fan shown below.

If the fan blows air into the case, it would be direct ambient air from outside the case. If the fan blows the air out, it will be expelled directly outside of the case.

I just think that this is a neat solution.
    Attached Files

Comment

Could you use a low melting point solder instead - There is one listed at 145 degree ?
      Nice big blob - loads of flux and a jewlers screwdriver ?

Just thought it would be cheapr than a chip quik kit.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow
        I think a neat solution for cooling a passive graphics card would be to use the slot next to the graphics card for a slot mounted fan.

Something like this Antec fan shown below.

If the fan blows air into the case, it would be direct ambient air from outside the case. If the fan blows the air out, it will be expelled directly outside of the case.

I just think that this is a neat solution.
        OOOhh.
        I fitted one of these from Maplin last year. I thought as it said "ball bearing" it would be fine.
        However - one year down the line my case was buzzing like box of bees - and it was because this fan had failed.
        I took it apart - and found - no ball bearing - just a bronze bush, which was now badly worn.

If I had the money to spend, I would buy a new case with better cooling built in - and just transfer everything over.

I did buy a fan speed controller for my case - and fitted a better case exhaust fan (salvaged) and opened up the lower part of the case to allow higher air throughput.

Comment

Working...
        X