Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hannspree HSG1064 5 seconds on then blank screen

alexanna,

I liked your explanation. I will begin looking at the bulbs closer...ie...open up monitor further. I will let you know what i find. thanks all.

Comment

You guys were right. I finally opened up the monitor down to the bulbs. Two of the bulbs were actually "broken" .........the bottom two bulbs. Makes sense from the diagram i put together as well.

Now, the issue is finding replacements.

I measured
      diameter: ~ 2.4mm
      Length: ~ 55.2 cm

not something i have been able to find.

Comment

Thank you for sharing with us,It is very good to know.
        Al

Call ccfl warehouse.com
        Last edited by alexanna; 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM. Reason: bulb question
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

thanks........i give them a try.

Comment

Welchs 101,
            I suspect that the ccfls were on the verge of braking, that's the reason they would still light.
            When you dissembled the LCD any little twisting or movement of the panel finished them off.
            If you give ccflwarehouse the number of your panel they can get exact replacements of the correct diameter and length.
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I got the new bulbs in yesterday. I really hate putting in those things........i dont do it that often and I have to move really slow making sure i dont screw anything up.

Anyway, i think i should say the guy at the ccfl place really helped me out figuring out what bulb to get as my bulb was non-standard. One note: They have a picture on their web site on how to measure the bulb.....i did that....or so i thought. I actually took a picture of the end of the bulb and he informed me that what i thought was the end of the bulb was actually solder. Now before you say duh.......the end of the bulb and solder were covered by heat shring tubing so i thought i was measuring at the end of the bulb but i wasnt . This changed things from having to MAKE a bulb (and wait 3 wks for delivery) to making do with something they had in stock. The guy was really helpful. Anyway, just thought i should say that.

I put the new bulb in and EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again bad caps!

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101 View Post
                I got the new bulbs in yesterday. I really hate putting in those things........i dont do it that often and I have to move really slow making sure i dont screw anything up.

Anyway, i think i should say the guy at the ccfl place really helped me out figuring out what bulb to get as my bulb was non-standard. One note: They have a picture on their web site on how to measure the bulb.....i did that....or so i thought. I actually took a picture of the end of the bulb and he informed me that what i thought was the end of the bulb was actually solder. Now before you say duh.......the end of the bulb and solder were covered by heat shring tubing so i thought i was measuring at the end of the bulb but i wasnt . This changed things from having to MAKE a bulb (and wait 3 wks for delivery) to making do with something they had in stock. The guy was really helpful. Anyway, just thought i should say that.

I put the new bulb in and EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again bad caps!
                Thanks for the update
                glad you got it going

Comment

Could I beg the exact measurements ccfl warehouse sent you?
                  Thanks!

Comment

I looked up the invoice and what i found was this:

2.4 x 545mm
                    Full Spectrum
                    CCFL

ifs this what you were looking for?

Comment

Wow! Thanks a lot. You have just saved me a lot of time. I have the same
                      25" monitor with the same exact problem (The bottom two bulbs are broken). Cant wait to get my replacements.

Comment

Hello.

I know this is an old post but I can also report that my 25" Hanspree suffered from two broken CCFL bulbs on the bottom. Broken to pieces, didn't even hear any noise when disassembling the panel, broken before I got it maybe?. After a re-lamp the monitor works great. Wish I had found this post before I diagnosed it, would have saved a lot of time!

Figured I'd add my $0.02 to help anyone else with this monitor.

Comment

Also had 5 second turnoff problem with HSG1064 but also had "image flicker" problem. Replaced caps in SMPS (ordered HF237HPB Kit off eBay, not all caps in kit) but still had problem.

Removed very small jumper on SMPS board a few times and tried monitor again. This time the monitor stayed on and worked with no flicker. Suspect dirty connections on this small connector.

Good Luck,
                          MarkTheHam

Comment

Just discovered this site and was thinking about buying an HSG1064 for parts to attempt to repair mine, which I now realize would have probable had the same problem and therefore not helpful at all. Thanks to these post I've ordered my bulbs and am anxious got get my monitor back up. THANKS TO ALL!!

Comment

Just tore my down as well to the bulbs and found the bottom two bulbs broken at one end and the top two looking like they are close to breaking. Many thanks to everyone in this thread!!

Comment

Well, unfortunately after replacing the broken bulbs and caps, my monitor is still dead. It did come back on and stay on for about 30-45 minutes then the lighting went out and then the monitor powered down. Guess this one is bound for the recycling station.

Comment

Yup, I had the same problem with this same monitor. 2 second turn off. But my inverter was a bit different. My 2 transformers are mounted back to back instead of separate. I have a bunch of 3 pin diodes instead of 8 pin dips. But the method still worked. PC board is rather dark, but all caps look great. Stuck another LCD on it and the backlight stayed on. So went and took my LCD apart and found 2 bulbs broken on the ends and the other 2 that still lite up but black as coal on their ends. Those are some tiny bulb tubes. Its a wonder they survive shipping. I will order new ones and hope they are of great quality to last another 10 years.
                                  Last edited by stts; 10-13-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I cant edit my posts. Thats kinda wierd. Oh well, enjoy my typos since I cant fix them. Now that my monitor problem is solved, I wish there was a busted O-scope forum. My EZ-Digital OS-310M took a crap. The Atmel PLD has developed a short that shuts everything down. I can get a new Atmel Chip, but its programed with the JTAG port. And the program is not on the internet that I can find. Korea doesnt make it any more so theres no parts for it either. It would be a great stroke of luck if anybody here had the same scope that could open it and plug a ByteBlaster cable into the JTAG socket and read the program with the free Atmel software from the internet. I ordered my own Byteblaster from Ebay for $10. I will cut all the I/O pins to try to eliminate the short enough to try to read the program in there. But I suspect it will be a futile attempt. The chip gets hot but nothing else except the power supply does, so Im pretty sure its entirely an internal malfunction. Such a drag as things like that are not supposed to go bad.

Hah, now I can edit my posts all the sudden.
                                    Last edited by stts; 10-13-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stts View Post
                                      Hah, now I can edit my posts all the sudden.
                                      They can be edited for a certain amount of time (30min?) after they are posted.

Comment

I would like to first thank everyone for their posts. I have one of these monitors and it would stay on for about 8 seconds then go black. I opened it up and all the caps looked fine. I looked at the bulbs and there were no obvious signs of failure. I had never before attempted to repair a monitor such as this but I figured I didn't have anything to loose. I ordered the new ccfl from CCFLWAREHOUSE and after receiving them I dug in. Two hours later the monitor worked just perfect. Not a repair I would recommend for those that are short in patience. But it was not rocket science.
                                        Thanks to all!

Comment

Working...
                                        X