Acer AL2216W Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer AL2216W Dead

main board voltages look good at the 2 voltage regulators (on mine at the SO8, the voltages are actually closer to 3.3 and they drop a little when powered on)

25 still looks high
    try it with the f200 disconnected

I have a 19m008 here that is almost identical in layout that shows 21 at f200 and again 3.3 at the SO8 on the main
    and a 12m033 which is also similar that shows 19 at F200

can you tell me the power mosfet numbers on the L shaped heatsink by the main capacitor ?
    and check the resistance on the 21-24 volt rectifier diode on the small straight heatsink
    Last edited by bammbammfran; 05-28-2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

UPDATED INFO: The 24v looks to be OK. (No wonder that 25 cap next to it and the two 1000x25s fail so quick)
      I had an almost bare board here that I just slapped together LESS the AOP605 transistors
      I am running just short of 24 when idle and when powered up (again that is with the f2 disconnected since the transistors are out)

The main board SO8 runs around 3.25

Comment

Transistor by the main cap on ac line is P10NK60ZFP.
        Rectifier diode resistance measured: .495 on 2K diode metering.

Comment

since power looks ok
          check the function pins at the bottom left of the picture
          yellow and pink are leds, gray is power on/off
          Attached Files

Comment

Function pins:
            1. 3,1V - LED 1
            2. 3,1V - LED 2
            3. 2,7V - POWER SW
            4. 2,7V - AUTO SW

Comment

you should have only 3.3 on one led at a time
              orange light would be pin #1
              second pin would be when powered on
              pin 3 and 4 should be near 3.3 and if you push the power button, #3 should drop to zero till the button is released

If you checked those voltages with the power button ribbon plugged in, unplug the ribbon and check them again. If still the same voltages, then something on this main board is an issue

If the voltages are 0-0-3.3-3.3 or close to that with the ribbon disconnected/. then it may be a power button board issue and if these voltages are like this, you should be able to turn the unit on by grounding the #3 pin for a second or two

Comment

I have tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. It has not powered up yet. I am so suspicious about the logic board and am thinking about ordering one??? Anyone has any more suggestion to test the logic board?

Comment

Working...
                X