Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2000FP Blank screen problem

Thanks to Dgtech, here's the definitive answer:
    5A, 24V, very fast acting. See this datasheet of Littelfuse. For reference, it's the 1206 SMF Very Fast-Acting Thin-Film Type 429 Series.

Comment

I just decided to resolder the connections on the transformer based on some comments Bill had given me on another monitor.

Comment

I have the same monitor with the same problem.
        This is not inverter board problem, but the main board, I ordered a rebuilt main board and problem fixed. I can see the flash memory chip has be replaced on the rebuilt board. The flash memory ATMEL AT49BV8192AT FLASH is available in the internet.
        Last edited by fastvideo; 11-06-2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastvideo View Post
          I have the same monitor with the same problem.
          This is not inverter board problem, but the main board, I ordered a rebuilt main board and problem fixed. I can see the flash memory chip has be replaced on the rebuilt board. The flash memory ATMEL AT49BV8192AT FLASH is available in the internet.
          Well I have another monitor 2000fp that's on the back shelf. It is unable to detect a video source
          The front lights for the video source just flash.
          I f the problem would be the flash memory chip, would programming be required.
          Al.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
            Well I have another monitor 2000fp that's on the back shelf. It is unable to detect a video source
            The front lights for the video source just flash.
            I f the problem would be the flash memory chip, would programming be required.
            Al.
            Try to google it.
            From what I saw it said it's programmed.

"Bad AD Board Symptom: Black Display (screen goes black) - Front Panel Buttons won't work – Front Panel Lights stay yellow "

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101 View Post
              I just decided to resolder the connections on the transformer based on some comments Bill had given me on another monitor.
              Replacing the fuse cured the problem but the next day it displayed a message about not getting a signal or no power (sorry, can't remember the exact message) and that it is going to power off, which it did in a couple of seconds. Resoldering the transformers on the inverter board resolved that except that the one transformer emits a high pitched sound for a couple of seconds after switching the monitor on.

Comment

Originally posted by Loom View Post
                Replacing the fuse cured the problem but the next day it displayed a message about not getting a signal or no power (sorry, can't remember the exact message) and that it is going to power off, which it did in a couple of seconds. Resoldering the transformers on the inverter board resolved that except that the one transformer emits a high pitched sound for a couple of seconds after switching the monitor on.

That is interesting about, the message about going to sleep or no signal message detected because of a 2 sec to black problem
                I have had similar problems with some Westinghouse/and I think Acer models that have used a delta power supply, They will shut the backlights of because of a problem, and then going into a sleep mode.
                When the backlight problem was repaired everything worked correctly.
                I am not sure about your high pitched sound.You may want to remove/clean and re solder the transformer.
                Al.
                Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it another try.

Comment

Main Board Problem:
                    Symptom: All LED Light lit up in solid screen and you can not turn
                    the monitor Off, there is no picture on screen. This is causing by defective main board, NOT
                    Backlight Inverter board.

Hepl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dato_petu@yahoo.com

Comment

Hello, I'll have to bump this one, hopefully someone will help.

I have Dell 2000FP that died in the same way, all LEDs are ON, can't be switched off. I've gone through the thread and excluded lamp inverter board as the possible cause. I've desoldered both transformers, and figured out the coils, and both are the same and good. Also no burnt transistors, fuse is ok. By the way the monitor died (artifacts on the screen, DVI input stuck in power saving mode, freezing controls, garbled image while changing resolutions on rebooting and finally no picture and all LEDs "on") the other remaining cause is Atmel chip. And here comes the problem. The company that seemed to have them looks like to be out of business - http://www.lcdrepair.us/at49bv8192.html does not load, so I wonder if ANYONE have the content of that Atmel's chip (AT49BV8192AT)??? I have friends in GSM phone repair business here, so programming a new one wouldn't be a problem, but I NEED THE CONTENT!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sinip View Post
                        Hello, I'll have to bump this one, hopefully someone will help.

I have Dell 2000FP that died in the same way, all LEDs are ON, can't be switched off. I've gone through the thread and excluded lamp inverter board as the possible cause. I've desoldered both transformers, and figured out the coils, and both are the same and good. Also no burnt transistors, fuse is ok. By the way the monitor died (artifacts on the screen, DVI input stuck in power saving mode, freezing controls, garbled image while changing resolutions on rebooting and finally no picture and all LEDs "on") the other remaining cause is Atmel chip. And here comes the problem. The company that seemed to have them looks like to be out of business - http://www.lcdrepair.us/at49bv8192.html does not load, so I wonder if ANYONE have the content of that Atmel's chip (AT49BV8192AT)??? I have friends in GSM phone repair business here, so programming a new one wouldn't be a problem, but I NEED THE CONTENT!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
                        The .bin file appears to be available at Elektrotanya.

PlainBill
                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                          The .bin file appears to be available at Elektrotanya.

PlainBill
                          Thanks but I've got that file already. It is only 2K file, probably from one of 24C02 EEPROMs that are on the main board - IC402 and IC104. There's also 24C16 (16K) as IC125. But Atmel chip is 8MB one.

Comment

Just joining the board... Purchased this monitor with a lot of PC's f/a biz that recently folded... I was told the monitor worked, but just needed a power supply - the lot was cheap, so it was no big deal if some untested items didn't work, but I assumed this monitor being an LCD would work as I figured it was only a few years old. Ordered the Power Supply f/ebay for $12 - plugged it in and NOTHING! No LED's on (which is a problem I'm seeing others are having) mine is not doing anything? I am a low-level tech/hobbyist and only been repairing TV's for just over a year now - this is my first stab at a monitor... II have never replaced a surface mounted fuse - where can these be obtained from? ANY suggestions? This monitor looks awesome, only if I can get it to power up! ANY help would greatly be appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Comment

Originally posted by zeek View Post
                              No LED's on (which is a problem I'm seeing others are having) mine is not doing anything?
                              1) Post top down pictures of your boards with the instructions below. Please do not post pictures inline as they slow down the loading of pages.

For best picture quality and clarity take your boards to a window on a sunny day, turn flash off, and use macro mode. Take a top down view of all your boards (front and back). Make sure the photo is legible so that we can read the PCB printing clearly. A shutter speed of 1/125 or faster will produce nice clear focused pictures. Try to get a photo that is 2000x2000 resolution or as close as possible.

Here is an example of the picture composition we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

2) Do you get any secondary DC voltages on the main/logic board connector to the power supply?
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by zeek View Post
                                Just joining the board... Purchased this monitor with a lot of PC's f/a biz that recently folded... I was told the monitor worked, but just needed a power supply - the lot was cheap, so it was no big deal if some untested items didn't work, but I assumed this monitor being an LCD would work as I figured it was only a few years old. Ordered the Power Supply f/ebay for $12 - plugged it in and NOTHING! No LED's on (which is a problem I'm seeing others are having) mine is not doing anything? I am a low-level tech/hobbyist and only been repairing TV's for just over a year now - this is my first stab at a monitor... II have never replaced a surface mounted fuse - where can these be obtained from? ANY suggestions? This monitor looks awesome, only if I can get it to power up! ANY help would greatly be appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
                                SMD fuse at the main board is located close to the power plug and IC marked Q708 which is next to coil with white "470" inscription at the top.
                                Don't worry if you don't have the fuse, you can always use THIN copper wire (one single wire from those flexible insulated conductors, as thin as possible) just to "jumpstart" the things. Of course, first check if something is shorted AFTER the fuse. Also, I think I should mention that I've replaced 30+ capacitors on the board I have, because they all were with high ESR, so you'll need ESR meter.
                                Now, if you could make the memory dump of the Atmel chip (on the back side of main board) and post it here, you'd make some people REALLY happy. You'll need appropriate EEPROM reader for that, do you have any laying around?

Comment

Ok, so I've managed to get another, WORKING Dell 2000 monitor and copied the content of the working ATMEL chip. Now I have the dump, which is 1MB big, and I can send it to anyone, free of charge. Just PM me with the e-mail address where you'd need the file.

I have also tried to re-program the chip in the broken one. Though programming goes ok, the monitor is still dead, so if anyone has one NEW Atmel chip to spare, I'd be more than interested to cover the shipping costs. The damn thing is unavailable here. Again, anyone interested into obtaining the dump from the working Dell 2000 monitor, just PM me.

Comment

Hi try this A29L800ATV-70F it specs out the same as the chip required
                                    I bought one but when i went to fit it i dropped it and snapped 3 pins
                                    so cant say if it works till i get another

Comment

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it here.

Comment

Hello , I was given as well a non functioning DELL 2000 FP monitor !!!
                                        So did anybody finally fixed the " 4 LED on , no turn OFF , black after little time " problem of the DELL 2000 FP main board , flashing or replacing the Atmel flash chip ? ( without ordering a refurbished board ) ?

Comment

Yes, several people to whom I've sent the dump reported their monitors as fixed. If you can't fin original EEPROM, you can as well use 29LV800 instead.

Comment

Working...
                                          X