Lg l204wt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg l204wt

Wow, only 7 minutes to reply on a 3 year old topic! Thank you very much smason - I'll post again after the repair.

Comment

Hey Smason,

My LG L204WT monitor Power board IC just burned cant figure out the IC U101 part no

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Kong View Post
        Hey Smason,

My LG L204WT monitor Power board IC just burned cant figure out the IC U101 part no

Thanks
        From my photos of one of these monitors, this is the best I could do via RDP to my home computer from work.
        I'll see if I can do better tonight, I may have photos of the second one I did.
        Attached Files
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbrook View Post
          Wow, only 7 minutes to reply on a 3 year old topic! Thank you very much smason - I'll post again after the repair.
          Completed cap replacements and monitor works perfectly - thanks for the help!

1uf @ 50v x1
          33uf = didn't find replacement but it tested ok so didn't replace
          47uf @ 50v x1
          680uf @ 25v x2
          1000uf @ 16v x2 (couldn't find 16v so used 25v)
          1000uf @25 x1

Comment

Glad it works. I have yet to get around to my repair job.

What was your original symptom?

Comment

Excellent. Good job eh! <-- stereotypical greetings from a fellow Canuck, typed with a Timmy's in one hand
              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Here's a slightly clearer pic
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadMalloc View Post
                  Nice job! I didn't have time to mess with it any more yesterday.
                  What technique did you use on that?

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
                    Nice job! I didn't have time to mess with it any more yesterday.
                    What technique did you use on that?
                    The first few I tried (artificial light) didn't turn out at all. In the end it was natural daylight, no flash with a Lumix DMC-LX5 -- and there's still room for improvement.

Comment

The first few I tried (artificial light) didn't turn out at all. In the end it was natural daylight, no flash with a Lumix DMC-LX5 -- and there's still room for improvement.
                      Oh. Brain fart. THought you took my pic and processed it.
                      I should have noticed the missing cap

Long week....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
                        THought you took my pic and processed it.
                        If one's image processing skills are such that actual resolution detail is added, then we've finally discovered what all those magic "enhance" buttons use in the movies.

Comment

Thank for yr effort ,yesterday got the IC part. Change it plus Recap few Cap below

68 uF 450V X 2
                          680 uF 25V X 2
                          1000 uF 16V X 2
                          1000 uF 25V X1

Blown fuse also change

Power board still cant fire up , measure output point no 5V & 15V . I think is time for me to change new monitor or order new power board

Comment

Hey Smason,

Thanks
                            How did you checked the chip ?
                            was it burned or you had a testpoint to measure any voltage?

Comment

@alkist, just post the P/N of the IC so we can tel you what to check. Is it the same as posted in post 27? Pictures of your board, both sides will help also.
                              Last edited by budm; 10-03-2013, 08:56 AM.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hello,
                                i have this LCD with this red-colourstripe problem
                                howto fix this, thank you

Comment

Yesterday my L204WT-SF died on me (buzzing sound, barely flashing LED, turned on after being under power for like 30-60 minutes). I want to thank all of you who contributed with information here, because it helped me repair my monitor in a matter of minutes, especially MadMalloc who's description of how to pry the monitor apart in an easier way really helped me get started.

I also want to contribute. Someone asked for information which cap goes where. While this was asked a while ago, others might still be interested, so I attached a diagram I drew containing all necessary information of the original caps. The diagram uses the same orientation as Smason's picture of the circuit board.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I Know this is an old thread but Thanks to all.

Mexxxi awsome Diagram, Really help me to order the right CAPS.

-K

Comment

Working...
                                    X