Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VE700 slight ripple across screen

Hello to all,

I'm working on the above monitor, and everything is working relatively well, except that I get a slight (difficult to notice) ripple across the screen every 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the inverter, because I have a spare inverter and A/D board for this model, and after chaning the A/D board, the ripple was gone.

Could this be the scalar xtal oscillator? I don't have a scope, so I can't measure the output.

Thanks!
    Heaven, is a place where all IC's are DIP.

Re: Viewsonic VE700 slight ripple across screen

2nd observation: Ripple goes away after about 10 minutes. Solder warming up?

Comment

i had exact same problem on my lg flatron monitor,dissappeard after bout 10mins,checked monitor,all was good there,and narrowed it down to the video card on my pc tower,it turn out to be a cap,16v 470uf i think ,which was swollen,after replacing the 2 that was on there,bingo!,job done,but also the problem could be a dry joint,if not try resoldering inverter joints 1st,hope this helps.
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

i'm thinking caps on the LCD controller board ("A/D board"). probably dried up or something..

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's not my video card, because my other monitors do not display this symptom, so I'll do some resoldering on the controller board, see if that helps.

Comment

PlainBill has mentioned in other threads that ESR drops as capacitors warm up. That could still be the caps on the logic board.

Comment

Working...
            X