Samsung T260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung T260

To add to retiredcaps discussion, it's getting worse. Almost any weekend I could go down to Frys Electronics and buy a 20" of larger widescreen monitor for under $100. (Currently they have the 20" HP WJ676AA#ABA for $78.00.) Realistically, that places the resale price of a used 19" monitor at around $50.

I note that it is expected that 'Black Friday' sales in the US will have low end 42" LCD TVs at $300. That means there is room to make a profit on TVs, but unless it's a cap problem or something similar, any repairs have to be for the sense of accomplishment rather than as a way to make money.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks Retiredcaps and Plainbill. For a moment I thought about 'graduating' to a TV but it would just end up in our living room - next to my repaired guitar amplifiers - and I don't think I could get away with that too.

So I'm looking at broken 22"+ monitors for around $20. There are always folks out there that just because they are broken, they can sell them for $65 or $85 and 'if you know how to fix it, this is a steal!' but occasionally someone does realize that those economics don't make sense and offers it for less. As to new homes for them, our local school needs computer equipment and have offered to take whatever I can give them.

Comment

Originally posted by LAS View Post
        So I'm looking at broken 22"+ monitors for around $20. There are always folks out there that just because they are broken, they can sell them for $65 or $85 and 'if you know how to fix it, this is a steal!' but occasionally someone does realize that those economics don't make sense and offers it for less. As to new homes for them, our local school needs computer equipment and have offered to take whatever I can give them.
        I also see this a lot: " it's broken, but it should be an easy fix". If it's that easy a fix, then why don't they fix it? Even if they're trying to sell a broken monitor for $50+, it wouldn't hurt to make them an offer. After they realize that you're the only one showing interest, they may figure out they overpriced it and hopefully will sell it to you..

Comment

Here's a real gem. He's been trying to sell it for weeks, but I wouldn't know where to start with it:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...680870648.html

Comment

And now back to the T260 for a moment...after I installed the inverter transformer, and started the monitor, I was dismayed to see...nothing. No power light, no backlight, nothing. I rechecked all my connections, still couldn't find a power button, but then by chance I ran my hand over the little pilot light in the front, and voila, everything turned around. Pilot came on, back light came on, 'no signal' box appeared, the bead of sweat on my forehead dried up. Apparently the switch is no longer a button, but more of a spot that is simply touched. So now I know.

Comment

Here's a real gem. He's been trying to sell it for weeks, but I wouldn't know where to start with it:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...680870648.html
              Avoid. Those types of picture problems might be panel related problems.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

As to new homes for them, our local school needs computer equipment and have offered to take whatever I can give them.
                As a suggestion, see if your school will host a "computer recycle" day. Let your community know and then offer to help fix and TEACH kids how to repair computers/lcd monitors. Maybe get the computer club/class involved in fixing old hardware. You can then run lubuntu which is fairly lightweight and fast.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That is a good suggestion Retiredcaps. I think I'll do that once our boys are in middle school...right now they are four and six - a little small to be working with a soldering gun! But a good plan for the future to be sure.

Comment

right now they are four and six - a little small to be working with a soldering gun!
                    Well, this 7 year old on youtube is already "fixing" plasma TVs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFpXYnGZCU0
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hi guys i got a samsung t260 hd yesterday power on like few second flicker screen black then go off no more, power or led light on power button dissemble the monitor then remove the inverter tm-0918 i know the The secondary resistance is about 940 ohm between S1 and S2 (or S3 and S4). The primary resistance is about 0.3 ohm between P1 and P2.

mine are secondary resistance is about 1032 ohm between S1 and S2 (or S3 and S4).
                      and The primary resistance is about 0.3 ohm between P1 and P2. are 0.9 any insights on this would be a bad invert er any help greatly appreciated thanks fernando...

Comment

Working...
                      X