• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daytek F19AH

It would appear they are

Comment

Since the two ceramic caps are out of spec, I would go ahead and add those two to your list. 0.47nf @ 1000 volts.

Comment

I will get some of those caps along with the D444. Both those are readily available on ebay.

(Off topic)
        I just cracked open a benq monitor today with no backlight.
        There is actually a repair *KIT* available on ebay for this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/REPAIR-KIT-2SC57...item3355ff711b

I also found a complete service manual for the BenQ in less than 5 minutes.

If only this Daytek was that simple lol

Comment

Originally posted by UserName666 View Post
          I will get some of those caps along with the D444. Both those are readily available on ebay.

(Off topic)
          I just cracked open a benq monitor today with no backlight.
          There is actually a repair *KIT* available on ebay for this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/REPAIR-KIT-2SC57...item3355ff711b

I also found a complete service manual for the BenQ in less than 5 minutes.

If only this Daytek was that simple lol
          The big problem with the Daytek occurred back in post 46 where we failed to recognize that the output resistance was too low. If we had caught the problem then this thread would have been much shorter.

As far as repairing monitors is concerned, the parts kits are the equivalent of the 'paint by number' sets. They are good for getting a working monitor PROVIDED the fault is the common failure, but they sure don't teach you much.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

And the result is......Daytek = Fixed....BenQ = Fixed I am back to dual monitors!!! HUGE improvement over the single IBM C51 lol

BenQ was a walk in the park because there was a previous thread on that monitor that explained the problem as well as a protection circuit. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4304 When I get another LCD I am gonna take the BenQ down and have a stab at the protection circuit.

As for the Daytek, this has been hell and back lol. The 471k caps I ordered, I tested 4 and they all turned out to be 29nf so maybe I got a bad batch IDK but I left the current ones in there, put in the new D444's, lifted 2 solder pads in the process, and got so happy that it worked I forgot to switch out the Radio Shack caps and order Panasonics. Oh well the Daytek is done, it's working and and I'm gonna follow the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it thing for now. If anything happens to the Daytek for forgetting to change those caps I know where to look now.

I usually shut my monitors off at night but my test for them both is I am going to leave them both on for the next 2 days straight.

I have also now ordered that Repair LCD monitors book off the net and it looks like it has some GREAT info in it.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this monitor especially PlainBill and jetadm123. Gonna start flippin' through that book but it's a given I will hit another snag along the way & I'll be back so until then.......
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UserName666 View Post
              And the result is......Daytek = Fixed....BenQ = Fixed I am back to dual monitors!!! HUGE improvement over the single IBM C51 lol

BenQ was a walk in the park because there was a previous thread on that monitor that explained the problem as well as a protection circuit. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4304 When I get another LCD I am gonna take the BenQ down and have a stab at the protection circuit.

As for the Daytek, this has been hell and back lol. The 471k caps I ordered, I tested 4 and they all turned out to be 29nf so maybe I got a bad batch IDK but I left the current ones in there, put in the new D444's, lifted 2 solder pads in the process, and got so happy that it worked I forgot to switch out the Radio Shack caps and order Panasonics. Oh well the Daytek is done, it's working and and I'm gonna follow the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it thing for now. If anything happens to the Daytek for forgetting to change those caps I know where to look now.

I usually shut my monitors off at night but my test for them both is I am going to leave them both on for the next 2 days straight.

I have also now ordered that Repair LCD monitors book off the net and it looks like it has some GREAT info in it.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this monitor especially PlainBill and jetadm123. Gonna start flippin' through that book but it's a given I will hit another snag along the way & I'll be back so until then.......
              Congratulations!!! It's scant consolation, but the repairs that have you tearing your hair out are the ones that teach you the most.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Excellent work! Glad you kept at it! Too bad about the ceramic caps. Also, we now know of at least a substitute mosfet that will work on your board. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Hi guys I'm new in the forum ,but I do have daytek f19dh and come black scrim the green light still on and come yellow when the pc go sleep ,if I push the button on the side on-off the scrim buck on for couple of second and go dark again what could I do to make it work ? I appreciate any answers about that issue thank's
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by osoduro; 05-04-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X