Cello P50ANSMT-4K won't boot to Android but ok on HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cello P50ANSMT-4K won't boot to Android but ok on HDMI

Hi, this is my first post and just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    I've got a Cello P50ANSMT-4k, mainboard model MSD3458.c1v5.0, the set switches on fine and get please wait on the screen then just a black screen but the menu's still work and can still use HDMI with a fire stick etc.
    Cello sent me an update but I'm unable to get it to take it from numerous usb sticks and in all sockets, tried to do it from the menu and by pressing vol up on start up. I've also been into the engineer menu and done a reset but no luck.
    Has anyone any ideas? it seems to be just the Android os that is corrupt?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Neil

Re: Cello P50ANSMT-4K won't boot to Android but ok on HDMI

from yours explaining of the issue. you have now lock system or hotel mode lock on.
    go to go lock setting and clear all default password 0000 master password 8899.

also you can go to setup setting and clear all to default will reset your tv firmware

Comment

Hi Diah,
      I checked and hotel mode is off, I've cleared all and in system restored default but still the same

Comment

Originally posted by Neilgw View Post
        Hi Diah,
        I checked and hotel mode is off, I've cleared all and in system restored default but still the same
        then try hard reset.. while its on unplug it from wall socket. ON the TV side panel not on RC press power and volume down , keep press them for enough time while you unplug it to wall again.. this is procedure for android Sony 4K hope it will work for you too.
        Last edited by Diah; 10-19-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

That just makes the tv power cycle till I release the buttons.

Comment

could you upload photo over here to yours side control panel..?
            did you have front LED indicator on the tv.?

Comment

That just makes the tv power cycle till I release the buttons.
              BTW: maybe yours pressing was so long to bring it to power cycle.. try to release power and remain volume down pressed as long the logo showing on the screen
              Last edited by Diah; 10-19-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I've tried holding the Vol down and power till please wait appeared the released the buttons but the tv just stays on the black screen.

Comment

please wait mean it will inter recovery where we can reset and clear cache
                  i just learned this Cello are Blaupunkt. you could find reset hole or key on the main boards..

about update didn't run. the most issue are on the USB stick or the PC. USB stick format fat32 till 4Gb or less enough... on PC need to enable showing all hidden file ( some pc after formatting the stick they generate hidden file under name system volume information ) this file need to delete.
                  also on PC setting to show file extension too such .bin .exe etc. so you can see that the files didn't had any double extension
                  Last edited by Diah; 10-19-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                    Ive tried 4 usb drives fat32 show hidden files and file extensions no other files on the drives and tried all usb ports. the file they sent me is mstarupgrade.bin
                    pics attached of button panel and mainboard
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                      Ive tried 4 usb drives fat32 show hidden files and file extensions no other files on the drives and tried all usb ports. the file they sent me is mstarupgrade.bin
                      you wrote at yours first post plying signal via HDMI okay.. did you try to play media with USB or SD card such as photos .jpg or movies ? you should try to play media via USB SD card to know that main boards doesn't locked only on HDMI source.

Comment

Yes can play music and photos via usb but cant see update file.
                        Tv is functioning fine except for Android and TV tuner

Comment

try use the SD CARD slot for update

edit ; on the MB you have near the NAND socket with 2 pins ist written UPGRADE ?
                          Last edited by Diah; 10-19-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The usual Means of upgrading firmware on Cello/Blaupunkt is to put the update on formatted fat32 memory stick (use the smallest size mem stick you can find,many sets will reject anything over 8gb,insert the stick,then switch the set on at the wall.If the front light starts flashing,this means the upgrade is being accepted.

Comment

Diah, yes 2pin header upgrade.
                              steiewonder, Ive tried 2 x 8gb usb drives 1x 16gb drive 1x 32gb tried from sdcard also tried from bootup and from the menu but no joy but all cards work with music or photos etc.

Comment

please read the voltage on the 2 pins while the set on.. black probe to tv chassis.. also when you plug it out from wall socket read the pins with Ohm between each other and between each and chassis

Comment

Hi,
                                  rename mstarupgrade.bin to upgrade.bin and try from menu or from off wall socket

Comment

Tried rename to upgrade.bin no change, voltage on pins left pin 5.23v right pin ground with tv powered on

ohms is reading 151.9 pin to pin and left pin to chassis right pin is ground
                                    Last edited by Neilgw; 10-19-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Tried rename to upgrade.bin no change, voltage on pins left pin 5.23v right pin ground with tv powered on

ohms is reading 151.9 pin to pin and left pin to chassis right pin is ground
                                      okay, this bring nothings since we don't have the service manual..
                                      let try to inter the service menu. try to press on the side panel the standby 5 second long..

Comment

or on RC press menu then 1147
                                        or on RC press AV then 2580

Comment

Working...
                                        X