Sony KDL-60R510A Thin Red line on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-60R510A Thin Red line on screen

Hello. I have a Sony Bravia set which is supposed to be a high quality set. There is a thin red line that runs down the center of the screen. I've have changed the T-Con board and the red line remains on the screen. Asking the experts, do y'all think I have a defected panel? Hopefully not, because I'd hate that such an expensive TV set can't be repaired because of a defective panel. Anyone with experience or knowledge of this issue with this TV set or any similar, I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-60R510A Thin Red line on screen

It does look like a possible lcd to ribbon panel issue (COF). If you apply pressure at the top of the set carefully in line with the red line, does it alter?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi. I've tried pressing around the top and bottom of the screen but that red line won't budge. I was hoping it was a main board problem because I've never seen a defective panel with a red vertical lines. And I seen where someone had a Sharp set with a thin red line and the T-Con board was the problem with that set.

Comment

it seem the panel LG IPS one.. knowing by got dead pixel line located round 5-10 cm far from the middle point on the right side

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          it seem the panel LG IPS one.. knowing by got dead pixel line located round 5-10 cm far from the middle point on the right side
          Can it be repaired without expensive equipment or is it trash due to a defective non-repairable panel?

Comment

Originally posted by fharris1977 View Post
            Hi. I've tried pressing around the top and bottom of the screen but that red line won't budge. I was hoping it was a main board problem because I've never seen a defective panel with a red vertical lines. And I seen where someone had a Sharp set with a thin red line and the T-Con board was the problem with that set.
            That's a possibility if it's an addressing issue.
            If you disconnect one of the ribbon cables from the Tcon to the panel does the line disappear. You may have to reconnect the ribbon and disconnect the second ribbon cable.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by fharris1977 View Post
              Can it be repaired without expensive equipment or is it trash due to a defective non-repairable panel?
              take look on the TV chassis to learn which panel build in

Comment

Working...
              X