Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED strip functions test... The hard way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED strip functions test... The hard way.

Hey all. I'm looking to start testing LED strips while they are installed in the TV so I don't have to remove the panel to see if they are functional.

This is the power supply I'm working with. I've been poking my leads to the backlight circuit and setting the power supply to 5V-.5A and inching my voltage up till I start to see something through the panel. This hasn't been yielding great results. Is this method what you guys do to test? What would yall recommend to help me accomplish this better? My power supply only goes up to 32v-5A... Do I need something with a little more balls?

TIA
    Attached Files

Re: LED strip functions test... The hard way.

Most panel led strings require more than 30 volts, with most led's being 3v (some are 6v), the panel would need to have less than 10 led's in the string to light. Many led backlights in TV's use 80 plus volts, some are around 200v to light the string.
    Buy a led tester.
    Last edited by R_J; 10-24-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Buy a led tester.
      Do you recommend a specific one?

Comment

i bought one of the cheap ones .it seems to work fine ..just don't test to see if you cant get a shock touching the probes with your fingers ... mine said you cant but my testing says you definitely can .

Comment

petehall347, my testing also yielded similar results. Those suckers can be better than coffee in the morning.

Jeryswan if you want to get a cheap one quickly, just get the one shopjimmy sells: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sid-gj2c-l...klight-tester/

It has a bit of a mark up though.

If you want the same thing for cheaper and don't mind waiting, get this one instead, it's the same at half the price:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...LCD+LED+tester

Comment

Working...
          X