Sony xbr-65x900e wont power on after storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony xbr-65x900e wont power on after storm

Hi there. I have a 65" sony TV given to me. The owner said it stopped working during a bad storm. The former owner replaced the external 24v supply but TV still wont power on.

Heres where I'm at. The external 24v supply and its cable are good. I have 24v getting to the jk board and 24v out to several boards on the set. I think I may be missing a 12 or 5v output from the jk board. Does anyone know the pinout voltages of the jk board?

I have 12v going to q901 on jk board but no output to the cap nearest it. Anyone else been here?

Re: Sony xbr-65x900e wont power on after storm

Show us good clear pictures so we can see what we are dealing with.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Here ya go
      Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could do better but my lighted magnifier is still in storage. Not even fully moved and have a project on the kitchen table...smh.

Comment

Power board. Little thing. Looking at pic as shown....all left legs of q9001 have 12vdc and all right legs have 52mv...if I knew wtf it was maybe I can figure out if that's my issue. I found a new jk board for $30 so I just bought one on a whim. For some reason my gut says I should have more than Just a 24v out of the jk board. But I'm not an expert.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cadillacman; 10-12-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Are you getting any solid white light after you plug it in? Try unplugging the tv for 2 minutes then hold the power button and volume down button on the TV and then plug it in and hold those two buttons until the light turns green. Wait 60 seconds...if you don't see anything hit the power button on the tv and see if it will turn on the tv.

Comment

Did you check the fuses on the JK board ? What is the number on Q9001 ? Q9001 will be a mosfet and will likely be controlled by the POWER_ON (CN9000, pin6)
              I suspect you should have voltage on pins 21 & 23 to supply the main board standby voltage.

Comment

I have no lights on TV...no signs of life. I cant read the numbers on q9001..too small . I have checked every fuse I can find on all boards. I will check 24v supply to mainboard tonight after work. I have already tried holding power button then re connecting power nothing.... Power and volume down and reconnect power nothing.

Comment

I have 24v to the main board.on the main board F401 and f600 have 24v to and out. F402 and f403 have 12v to and out. F405 and f400 have 24v to and out. F3200 had 24v in and out. At the jk board I have 0v on pin 21 and 24v at pin 23.

Comment

With the main board disconnected, does the backlight come on? This one has an auto on system for backlight when the main is disconnected.
                    If backlight comes on then your main board is the fault.

Comment

Will try that as soon as I'm home from work

Comment

Damn. You're right.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by cadillacman; 10-16-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

since it's a power surge type deal it most likely entered through one of the HDMI ports, antenna, ethernet, or other audio port. Those all go straight to the main processor. 99% sure it's fixable if you replace that processor. Most likely not a repair you will want to do yourself, but if you want to get the TV fixed, either replace that board entirely or send it out for repairs.

Also PS there is a good chance you will need to pair the main board to your TV set regardless of having it replaced with a new one or repairing your original.
                          Youtube videos are available online to show how to do this

https://youtu.be/3kYPjIHt8Lc

Comment

I have the 55 inch version of this TV and q9002 on the jk board was losing the 18.5v volts on the right 4 legs. When the 18.5 volts are there it worked, then it would just lose the voltage and tv would be dead till unplugged for some time.

The voltage on the right 4 legs is sent to power the mainboard. I replaced the jk board and it fixed it.

The q9002 right 4 legs on 55 inch version are about 18.5 volts do to it using 19.5 volt power supply, so yours being 24 volts supply should be close to 24 volts on the 4 legs.

Maybe your jk board fully went. Worth a look checking for voltages on q9002.

Comment

Thank you everybody for teaching me some things! I do have a hot air rework station in storage but i said screw it and bought a used main board. I was very lucky to find one from a same exact model tv. Installed it and no problem! Everything seems to be working without a software update. Maybe I just got lucky. Now time to find a table stand for this beast.... Didn't come with a mount. I didn't want to buy one if the screen was bad too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick update. Still working fine. After a day or two of use it asked a software update over wifi. It took awhile , TV cycled power a few times in the process but its still going strong. Thanks again folks. I finally have a 4k TV!!! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
                                  since it's a power surge type deal it most likely entered through one of the HDMI ports, antenna, ethernet, or other audio port. Those all go straight to the main processor. 99% sure it's fixable if you replace that processor. Most likely not a repair you will want to do yourself, but if you want to get the TV fixed, either replace that board entirely or send it out for repairs.

Also PS there is a good chance you will need to pair the main board to your TV set regardless of having it replaced with a new one or repairing your original.
                                  Youtube videos are available online to show how to do this

https://youtu.be/3kYPjIHt8Lc

I have KD-65X9000E TV with the same issue. I have not disconnected the mainboard yet to run the backlight test. But the PSU is outputting 24V. So are there any other components apart from the Mainboard processor that need to be replaced if the mainboard is the issue? and what Model chip does it use?

Comment

Working...
                                  X