Toshiba 46TL950 Greenlight turns on , backlight on , nothing on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46TL950 Greenlight turns on , backlight on , nothing on screen

So i have this TV where it turns on by itself (green light immediately on start up) backlight turns on , but nothing on screen. Power supply seems to be working fine. I have checked the voltages , it has them written on the connector, they seem to be fine here they are:
    2x 12v- Present
    24v sound- present
    24v LMB present
    5v - Present
    AC detect - 3.3 V
    Power TV- 3.3V
    Power Sig - 3.3
    BL/On off - 3.3V
    Option- 500mV
    PWM - 200mv
    This is the connector to the logic board , On the Backlight board i found all voltages present and on the PWM pin it also has 200mV
    I think i have established that its the Logic board error , i have found one short on the board , And sure enough it gets extremely hot , cant even touch it ... here is the picture: The chip in question is g33 BPL , seems like some type of mosfet

I will try desoldering those few things around that mosfet , hopefully without damaging the nearby memory. Any thoughts on this?

Re: Toshiba 46TL950 Greenlight turns on , backlight on , nothing on screen

Its not the mosfet from earlier... I took off that resistor and it seems that it was normal... kinda weird to have capacitor between 2 grounds tho... Short on that mosfet is gone when i take off that resistor belowe the cap... But it doesnt make sense... Also i found this: There is a 22 ohm short on there , it connects to the gate of the mosfet , Im not sure if thats normal resistance there
    Help is much appreciated , Hereis the picture of full board

Comment

Tcon?
      12vin?

Comment

You mean is there 12v on T con board? ...Yes i just checked 11.77v Present

Comment

Im just thinking about that 22ohm short on that power rail... That cant be normal... There is a diode that is connected to that on the other side... it has a short on it for around 30 ohms across either way.. So i know that is not normal... Any thoughts on that? My second post is what im talking about... Just checked a bunch of voltages on the logic board... I have 5V on usb connecters , On the 22 ohm rail i have 1.13 volt ... maybe thats the memory... I have 1.3V on another rail. and 11.7 volt on another... Checking caps near the HDMI connectors , i have 2 volts on them. and Thats about all i checked so far.. Main chip dead? hmmm...
          Last edited by sigmeyer; 09-03-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

So you're getting all voltages on the tcon.
            Avdd
            Vgl
            Vgh
            ?

Comment

So im not sure what Avdd Or vGL/VGH is... but i found 3.3 volts .. 1.8volts ..1.3volts , 17volts. Im not sure what is what... I dont think it is the T-Con board... The Backlight turns on instantly without Tcon board connected or anything connected besides the logic board and the led controller board...

I just found 7.44 volts aswell ... AVDD i get 17 volts on that. 1.2 volts on rail marked VCC
              Last edited by sigmeyer; 09-03-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Also i forgot to mention . The TV doesnt react to me pressing the power button ... The green LED never goes away... A audible hum is coming from the LED Controller board.

Comment

Originally posted by sigmeyer View Post
                  Also i forgot to mention . The TV doesnt react to me pressing the power button ... The green LED never goes away... A audible hum is coming from the LED Controller board.
                  this is common fault by toshiba vestel TL series , firmware issue. you need 3 files
                  TL_MBOOT.bin
                  TL_MFC.bin
                  TL_INIT_CLEAR.bin

Comment

Oh thats a relief then... how do i get those files? Im not really tech savy with tvs... im guessing i have to connect it to a computer somehow?

Comment

Oh thats a relief then... how do i get those files? Im not really tech savy with tvs... im guessing i have to connect it to a computer somehow?
                      no just copied them on usb and plug the usb pen at the side panel USB1 then plug the tv in wall socket.

i checked my server and there only for
                      Code:
                      RL933: 32RL933, 40RL933 RL953: 32RL953, 40RL953 SL970: 32SL970, SL97040
                      TL933: 32TL933, 40TL933, 46TL933 TL936: 32TL936, 40TL936, 46TL936 TL963 32TL963, 40TL963, 46TL963 TL966 32TL966, 40TL966, 46TL966 UL975 32UL975, 40UL975, 46UL975 VL963 42VL963, 47VL963, 55VL963
                      XL975 42XL975, 47XL975, 55XL975
                      give call to toshiba and ask after complete booting firmware... they are good and could provide you with link to download

Comment

Thanks alot man .. will definitely give it a shot.. and report back here

Comment

Im not sure how to contact toshiba... I only found 1 website that would even be able to send a mail from. Others just dont work or dont support anything coming from my country. Im not sure what to do now ... I have found some german website , and some guy from toshiba actually gave them the link but it doesnt work anymore.If i try to call some numbers i just get the "number you have dialed doesnt exist" crap.. Damn... Never lucky...

Comment

I just found on the back of TV under plastic .. the actual model number is 46TL933G , so maybe you can send me those files if you have? Also the processor on the mainboard is getting really hot... im thinking it might have actually failed...

Comment

I found some Schematics online , and the first mosfet that i suspected is shorted , was defenitely shorted... its supposed to be outputting 3.3 volts instead it was outputting 0.8volts ... once i remove that resistor , i get 3.3 volts on that mosfet... Something is definitely wrong here... Second short i found was normal... thats 1.1 volt rail for CPU therfore the low resistance. Im suspecting the main processor is gone...

Comment

I just found on the back of TV under plastic .. the actual model number is 46TL933G , so maybe you can send me those files if you have? Also the processor on the mainboard is getting really hot... im thinking it might have actually failed...
                                is this a joke ???
                                TL933G work with panel type letter A or C or K

Comment

Comment

this is what it says on the back...

Comment

okay, so its K panel
                                      after you download and rename X with K do the following for clean install

1- after you format the USB stick ( less than 4GB) to FAT32 put only the first file 46TL933K_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin on the stick and rename 46TL933K_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin to 46TL933K_748304_WOAP.bin

insert the stick at USB 1 on the side of the tv then plug it in wall socket... you will have only green led on... keep it for 2 minute then plug it out from wall sockt ( this will format eeprom nand )

2- take back the stick to your pc and remae the file back to its original name 6TL933K_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin and add the the other 2 files MBOOT & MFC and insert it to the tv at same socket USB1 and plug it back to wall socket.. the set could restart 2-3 time during the flash of firmware,,, give it time...

report the result,

Comment

I have tried Multiple times like you said. I used 4gb stick (3.7gb actual size) Formated to fat32 and i tried it 2 times in each usb slot. Then i tried to format it to FAT , still didnt work.
                                        , I checked the schematic... That resistor that was showing up as short was supposed to be sending 3.3_HDMI signal , i remove the resistor and i still get the short ... I Am willing to try something else but i think the logic board needs to go...

Comment

Working...
                                        X