e701i-a3 LEDs pulse after removing drivers, and also using wrong power cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e701i-a3 LEDs pulse after removing drivers, and also using wrong power cord

Well need some help guys... I removed the drivers and put it all together have some lines.. I think I need to clean the cables and put them back. BUT I noticed the following:

- I used a OO power cable instead of the [ ]O looking power cable to power up the tv.
    - The LEDs seem to brighten and darken and brighten like a very slow strobe.

Did I mess up the board with the power cable mess up? I switched to the [ ]O type and still slowly pulses....

what would make the LEDs do this?

any help would be appreciated. What should I test? Will the shop Jimmy Referb power board kit fix this?

Thanks

Re: e701i-a3 LEDs pulse after removing drivers, and also using wrong power cord

What does "removed the drivers" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      What does "removed the drivers" mean?
      This. It had bad drivers on the LCD...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Comment

Ok, that's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure, assuming you diagnosed properly, try cleaning up any leftover bits of the tabs, sometimes the other side has issues, if that's the case then there's no fixing it.

Comment

yeah I followed all the diagnoses ... repaired the mosfet on the TCON board. and removed the drivers on the "bad side"...

the LEDs were pretty solid for the first 2-3 mins and then they started to pulse... wasn't sure if I damaged something by using the wrong power cord ... something on the LED driver board, or the power board?

Comment

bump.. anyone can help???

Originally posted by cueballsi View Post
            yeah I followed all the diagnoses ... repaired the mosfet on the TCON board. and removed the drivers on the "bad side"...

the LEDs were pretty solid for the first 2-3 mins and then they started to pulse... wasn't sure if I damaged something by using the wrong power cord ... something on the LED driver board, or the power board?

Comment

do you know what would trigger the leds dimming and darkening?

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Ok, that's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure, assuming you diagnosed properly, try cleaning up any leftover bits of the tabs, sometimes the other side has issues, if that's the case then there's no fixing it.

Comment

You could have one ore more intermittent led's on one of the strips or even a poor connection on one of the strip connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  You could have one ore more intermittent led's on one of the strips or even a poor connection on one of the strip connectors.

interesting ..that would be my luck, right after i take the drivers off, then i get an led issue ....

Comment

UH oh, what if the backlights were the only problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X