65 inch EG9600 LG 4k OLED for $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 inch EG9600 LG 4k OLED for $50

Hello folks!! I have a LG 65' 4K OLED Tv that a purchased for 50 bucks a few months ago. I have taking the tv apart and have had some better results after purchasing the service remote. When I first picked it up I only got a blinking LG light at the bottom. I have been able to get the tv to come on full a few times. As of now the screen will come on with a red line going down the side. after it goes from the top to the bottom of the screen. It will actually come on and then shut down after a few seconds. The last 2 pictures are normally what I get. The others show up every blue moon. Im not sure where to start but any help would be great. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: 65 inch EG9600 LG 4k OLED for $50

short at cells, when you first time worked on it.. the cells by moving the set round or on table the cells short went out so the set turn on... now the short of cells are intact so after it make the refresh cells and the line spears from top to the bottom the screen went out after SOS signal generated and the set goes to standby or protection mode.

to approve this ( click with yours finger gently on the line area while the set in standby or off of wall socket then turn on... try many time don't give up..LOL) this could be temporary or fix for long period of time if the set didn't face any move or shocking at panel. BUT the LINE will remain on screen

Comment

I tried that and im getting nothing. Even when it does come on the tv will never stay on for a long time. When it first comes on the redline is the same line that shows up in the next to last people.
      Last edited by debo160; 10-07-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

try more at different corner or places, or try to find the T-CON schematic to terminate micon SOS signal, still the first option more successful as i faced it many time with OLED

Comment

I have still have the same issue. Every blue moon the tv will come on and stay on for maybe 2-3 mins and shut down. Thats as far as I can get. I have tried pushing all the corners and really all over the tv but no jackpots. Is it possible I need to change out the t-conn board?

Comment

show us here yours T-CON driver boards and yours PSU sockets which it goes to Main boards and T-CON.. let see if you can run the T-CON as stand alone.. could be answer to force panel to terminate the shorted cells..

edit this stand alone work around succeed with me once with EC930 set
            Last edited by Diah; 10-21-2020, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Ok here are some pics of the inside of the machine. Sorry for the delay it's been super hectic around here.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by debo160 View Post
                Ok here are some pics of the inside of the machine. Sorry for the delay it's been super hectic around here.
                1- why the ribbon Jumper of the T-CON disconnected ??? look at marked photo.. you need to put it back. ( who Knows it could be this is the fault LOL)

2- yours T-CON driver boards + the panel can run as stand alone. the power boards feed them direct with 12 & 24V. so only you need to disconnect socket P201 which it goes to main boards and disconnect the 2 LVDS ( Black sockets) between main boards and T-CON driver boards ..

then make 2 jumper on the socket p201 (( be sure 100% of the pins when you make.. its not difficult as 3.5V you have 3 pins and the others we need are one over the other ))... so do as following
                A- 3,5V and Power_ON
                B- 3.5V and DRV_ON

turn on the LG and leave it as long you can and remark your screen how its look better shoot photos and upload over here.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Diah; 11-09-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Well well well. Looks like this project over. After doing numerous test this happened. The first 2 were normai nothing major. The last 4 pictures the screen catches on fire. In the place where the screen had the 2 red lines come together. If you look in one of the original pics you can see where the line has a dot or circle where the red line is. Not sure why But im guessing it wasn't meant to be!! Geez!! I guess I can sell the boards on ebay but the screenitself is literally toast lol.
                  Last edited by debo160; 11-10-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Pictures didn't show in the last post
                    Attached Files

Comment

I might have to stick with Samsung's I got a 55' With no backlight.

Comment

Well well well. Looks like this project over. After doing numerous test this happened. The first 2 were normai nothing major. The last 4 pictures the screen catches on fire. In the place where the screen had the 2 red lines come together. If you look in one of the original pics you can see where the line has a dot or circle where the red line is. Not sure why But im guessing it wasn't meant to be!! Geez!! I guess I can sell the boards on ebay but the screenitself is literally toast lol.
                        My goodness, so the LG protection circuit did not work too well.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

my post #2

there is no Protection circuit at stand alone Test T-CON with panel Only
                          Move on. its not only at you happened.

Comment

Yet another OLED tv with a strange problem, I wouldn't own one, best picture doesn't count for much if they are not reliable, I would buy NanoCell or QLED instead.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-11-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

And people complain that OLED brightness is poor, I'm sure it reached at least 2000 nits on that fire show haha.

A lot of these LG commercial first gen OLEDs from 2015 seems to be having defective panels, as with 2016 QLEDs based on threads I've seen on this forum and TVs being sold on OLX in my country.

Hope my CX oled lasts at least 10 years.

Comment

For sure, maybe the newer ones are better, have seen nothing but trouble from the older ones, mostly junk panels right from the git go.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-11-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah it's kinda said I showed a great picture when it worked. But who want to get torched while marveling about the picture. My samsung tv's haven't caused the same grief just yet. Anyone looking for parts for this model. Everything is available outside of the screen of course and the LG power button.

Comment

I have a LG 65' 4K OLED Tv that a purchased for 50 bucks a few months ago
                                    Please check your PMs. I'm trying to fix my own 65EG9600 and, if possible, I'd like to get those working t-con and main boards from you if you still have them. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                    X