Skyworth 40E360 indicator always green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyworth 40E360 indicator always green

Hi guys... need a little help here.. costumer brought me this Skyworth 40E360 LCD TV.. symptoms.. no backlight no response to RC and manual switch , the moment it is connected to the wall outlet the indicator lights green.

what i've done.

check the voltage in the secondary..shown in the attached picture.

i manage to locate defective capacitor 1000uf/35v.. meter shows the cap value is way below measuring only with 50uf and esr of 150 ohms.. i replaced that but with no avail..

check the backlight led system with backlight tester.. all led lit

checked all the components, mosfet diode resistors inductors, photo isolator..
    in the primary and secondary circuit with no avail..

do i need to reflash the eeprom. problem is i dont know where the heck it is..

can someone guide me.. im lost
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Duranitron; 10-23-2020, 06:44 AM.
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Re: Skyworth 40E360 indicator always green

the indicator light doesn't turn to red which is normal for this kind of tv when you first connect it to the main line. no remote control response no backlight no manual switch response. what i've got is just a steady green light whenever i connect it to the main. . no schematics is available..

secondary voltage measurements..
    BL 31VDC
    1000uf/35v cap pin voltage measurement is 30VDC - incorrect value normal is 24VDC
    1000uf/25v cap pin voltage measurement is 12VDC - normal value

check the diode and all component connected to the 1000uf/35v cap all parts is normal.

already replaced the PWM ic TEA 1733 and the opto isolator PC817 with no avail.
    any help is much appreciated. thanks in advance..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Duranitron; 10-23-2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

What is the DC voltage between the two legs of either of the two long capacitors.?
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

320 VDC

68uf/450v cap

Comment

I would say that your PFC circuit is not kicking in. Those capacitors are rated at 450V so I would expect to see around 390V.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

the pwm ic i think is not fully functioning though i measure 30v and 12 v in secondary i notice the 2 primary filter cap is not discharging when the power is turned on via on off switch.
            Last edited by Duranitron; 10-23-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

the vcc is 25v powering the pwm ic. i already replaced the tea1733 ic. can anyone share a copy of the schematics of Skyworth 40E360. thanks..
              Last edited by Duranitron; 10-23-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

its firmware issue at start script or by damage sector on SPI / NAND... freeze or heat

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  its firmware issue at start script or by damage sector on SPI / NAND... freeze or heat

can you guide me sir how to install firmware spi/nand in a non working tv thanks in advance
                  Last edited by Duranitron; 10-23-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Locate the spi/nand and hit it with freeze spray or heat it with hair dryer as mentioned and see if it the tv works again if for just a bit if so there's the problem. Remember youtube is your pal for howtos.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-24-2020, 03:44 AM.

Comment

See if that helps and maybe subscribe, this poor guy could use a new shirt, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FJmxVXO8A
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-24-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        See if that helps and maybe subscribe, this poor guy could use a new shirt, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FJmxVXO8A
                        thanks but the video is just a 5 volts supply problem in the mobo and heating or freezing a component is just a temporary fix. any more idea guys..

ill try to update the firmware via usb drive hoping to correct the problem.

i cannot locate the spi /nand eeprom ic
                        Last edited by Duranitron; 10-24-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

any one has the eeprom dump file of Skyworth 40E360

eeprom ic EN25Q32 much appreciated guys..

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                            any one has the eeprom dump file of Skyworth 40E360

eeprom ic EN25Q32 much appreciated guys..
                            why you don't take out the SPI and make dump of it ???? at least you will know if yours programmer detect problem at sector's !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                              thanks but the video is just a 5 volts supply problem in the mobo and heating or freezing a component is just a temporary fix. any more idea guys..

ill try to update the firmware via usb drive hoping to correct the problem.

i cannot locate the spi /nand eeprom ic
                              I did NOT say it was a fix, I said it's a test to try to narrow down the problem, pay attention, maybe work on reading comprehension before popping off.
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-24-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

It's no use Diah...he can't even find it.

Comment

sorry for that my bad..i appreciate all your time and effort for helping. i just search for that on the net that says eeprom ic EN25Q32 for the skyworth 40E360 but honestly i can't find it. i look everywhere in the mobo.. maybe i just overlooked it. ill try again. i'm just spending a lot of time with this unit. i dont know, but honestly im lost,. the 4 tv's that is brought here last week is already done prior to this skyworth tv.. and 2 of that have corrupted eeprom i already reflashed it and fix it. ill update you for the progress.. i'm really sorry for my attitude.. peace...
                                  Last edited by Duranitron; 10-24-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I think one of the problems is there's a few different mainboards for this tv model, what are all the numbers on the two thin white stickers on the mainboard?
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-25-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-25-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                        I think one of the problems is there's a few different mainboards for this tv model, what are all the numbers on the two thin white stickers on the mainboard?
                                        thanks for the reply nomoresonys
                                        SKYWORTH 40E360 mainboard # 5800-A6R81S-0P30 VER 03.00

that sop8 ic near the lcd strip connector is me9435A mosfet i really can't find the spi eeprom

ive got a clear picture of the mobo got on the net
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Duranitron; 10-25-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X