Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another QUICK QUESTION! LG 55UH615A - Is this panel damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another QUICK QUESTION! LG 55UH615A - Is this panel damage?

im still waiting to hear back from the guy whos tv i posted a similar question about earlier. so i havent tried the tape cut off method on that tv yet, or any tv for that matter.

in the meantime, i bought this tv off of a guy who didnt want to pay me to fix it. i got it for 10$ i told him it was possible i could fix it with some tape but maybe he didnt believe me...or just didnt want to bother. anyway its mine now, to hopefully fix and sell!

could this be a similar problem? i think it would be a cool idea to have a database of different examples of panel damage videos and what the problem was found to be. please have a look and tell me what you think the problem is. again, thanks for playing!

https://youtube.com/shorts/CVgQHtGzTQA?feature=share
    Don't fear the repair...

Re: another QUICK QUESTION! LG 55UH615A - Is this panel damage?

Yes it could be.

Comment

Re: another QUICK QUESTION! LG 55UH615A - Is this panel damage?

turns out the tape method really has legs. i blocked a few lines on the right side of the tcon cable for the left half of the panel and the glitching went away. at first i just tried blocking one line at a time, and i could get it almost perfect but it was still doing this rhythmic 'ticking' every few seconds where instead of the image glitching like it was, the brightness, or color changed slightly. would have been super annoying. so i went with a piece of plastic a few pins wide, around the same spot, to the left or right a pin or 2 until i found "the sweet spot" where the panel looks damn near perfect now. amazing! i had to guess and check because i couldnt easily tell which lines were the clock lines. whats a good way to know that so i dont have to waste so much time groping around in the dark?
      Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Working...
      X