• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bios for lenovo y540-15irh (81sx)

Originally posted by brontobyte View Post
    i already solved. Thanks
    how did you solve it??
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

i used one bios dump downloaded from this thread.

Comment

Hello
        Which file did you use to solve your problem please?

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          how did you solve it??
          Originally posted by REPARE76 View Post
          Hello
          Which file did you use to solve your problem please?
          Yes indeed, it must be shown with a quote or post number, because it could be in help for someone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

The original bios dump i use works and boot but after i shutdown it doesn't boot anymore like dead but when i reset the CMOS it boots up ang working fine intel uhd and nvdia are detected and running fine in stress test. the only problem with the bios dump original is that when i shutdown it becomes stone dead no lights, cmos needs to be reset to turn on again.
            CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS PLEASE.
            Attached Files

Comment

HELLO EVERYONE

I have some issues with this machine:
              lenovo Y540-15irh 81sx
              s/n PF1468B6

This laptop is not turning on after restart. Only keyboard backlight and black screen. It takes a few minutes to be able to turn on again.
              Video card is performing good. Good temperature and performace.

I attached bios dump.
              i also have same problem what bios did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post
                The original bios dump i use works and boot but after i shutdown it doesn't boot anymore like dead but when i reset the CMOS it boots up ang working fine intel uhd and nvdia are detected and running fine in stress test. the only problem with the bios dump original is that when i shutdown it becomes stone dead no lights, cmos needs to be reset to turn on again.
                CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS PLEASE.
                i dont know if this is EC or something i just found this at back of the board and read the contents. maybe this is the problem help please
                Attached Files

Comment

Corrupted bios Lenovo Y540-15IRH

My laptop stopped working after changing some bios settings. Laptop starts but only black screen (not gpu related issue). I would appreciate if someone knowledgable could help me fix the bios file or at least tell me where to look. I already have a CH341A Programmer and familiar with how it works.

Original unmodified bios file: https://*******.com/u/TWW*******

I do not remember exactly what I changed or which change caused the issue. I played with the following settings in the bios before it went bad:

Intel SGX
                  Intel PTT key
                  Secure boot

I already tried to reset CMOS. I used this https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-...5026109?page=1 guide, see step 5. No change.

I also flashed the bios with latest bios version from Lenovo website. I trimmed the downloaded bin file by comparing the start and end of the hex offsets with the original bin file. Still no change.
                  Last edited by Vesko356; 06-07-2023, 12:52 PM. Reason: External url

Comment

Re: Corrupted bios Lenovo Y540-15IRH

Originally posted by coxep89151 View Post
                    My laptop stopped working after changing some bios settings. Laptop starts but only black screen (not gpu related issue). I would appreciate if someone knowledgable could help me fix the bios file or at least tell me where to look. I already have a CH341A Programmer and familiar with how it works.

Original unmodified bios file: https://*******.com/u/TWW*******

I do not remember exactly what I changed or which change caused the issue. I played with the following settings in the bios before it went bad:

Intel SGX
                    Intel PTT key
                    Secure boot

I already tried to reset CMOS. I used this https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-...5026109?page=1 guide, see step 5. No change.

I also flashed the bios with latest bios version from Lenovo website. I trimmed the downloaded bin file by comparing the start and end of the hex offsets with the original bin file. Still no change.
                    try post #10..
                    Last edited by Vesko356; 06-07-2023, 12:55 PM. Reason: External url
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

My laptop stopped working...
                      Read the rules before posting:
                      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

Originally posted by piernov View Post

You MUST:
                      • Post under a related thread if it exists
                      • Provide the full machine model number and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )
                      • Name your thread with model numbers and request
                      • Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
                      • Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites

Comment

try post #10..
                        It did not work. Laptop power button keeps blinking, no screen and fans working normally. Keyboard backlight also works.

Btw I did have to trim the bin file from post #10 because the file was too large. I trimmed the last bit of the bin file by comparing it to the old dump in HxD. Don't know if this is the right way to do this.

Comment

It did not work. Laptop power button keeps blinking, no screen and fans working normally. Keyboard backlight also works.

Btw I did have to trim the bin file from post #10 because the file was too large. I trimmed the last bit of the bin file by comparing it to the old dump in HxD. Don't know if this is the right way to do this.
                          try this ..the last update from the site..you are right the bios from post #10 is longer...
                          DMI DMI 632000 - 633FFF
                          Attached Files

Comment

..you are right the bios from post #10 is longer...
                            The attached dump in post #10 is now fixed.
                            Last edited by Vesko356; 06-08-2023, 05:35 AM.

Comment

help me please!
                              Not POST since bios setting. It works with the bios shared in comment 10, but the SN and Windows key are lost. Can someone fix this bios for me?
                              Br
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder1986 View Post
                                help me please!
                                Not POST since bios setting. It works with the bios shared in comment 10, but the SN and Windows key are lost. Can someone fix this bios for me?
                                Br
                                bios extracted from the Lenovo site update
                                DMI 632000 - 633FFF
                                Replace the DMI block (from your bios backup to the bios attached in post #10) using above offsets .

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                  Replace the DMI block (from your bios backup to the bios attached in post #10) using above offsets .

Thank You!
                                  Working...

Comment

Need help unbricking Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH

Hello everyone! I'm in big trouble!
                                    Three days ago I had to force shut down the laptop by pressing the power button and after that the laptop would not start. Keyboards lights and backlight on, fans on for a while but laptop won't boot at all.

I have therefore tried to use CH314a programmer in order to write the bios onto the bios chip. First time I tried using a bhcn26ww already trimmed file I found on the internet but no response. 2nd try I have tried to trim the latest file myself, bhcn45ww and after I have successfully written the file on the chip, the laptop won't even turn on the keyboard lights or backlight anymore! Next, I have tried to reuse the bhcn26ww file from earlier to see if anything changes and I have returned to the main problem: laptop would not boot but at least the keyboards lights and fans are working again. After that, I have tried writing the bhcn38ww and bhcn44ww bin files that i have found on this forum onto the chip but it seems that nothing works.

Would you be able to give me the right bin trimmed file please or guide me through what I would have to do further? I'm in a bad spot and I really need this laptop to not die on me.

Bios chip: GD25B127DSIG

Also this is the bios file that i read before i have made any modifications on to the chip:
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need help unbricking Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH

Originally posted by Pryrex View Post
                                      Hello everyone! I'm in big trouble!
                                      Three days ago I had to force shut down the laptop by pressing the power button and after that the laptop would not start. Keyboards lights and backlight on, fans on for a while but laptop won't boot at all.

I have therefore tried to use CH314a programmer in order to write the bios onto the bios chip. First time I tried using a bhcn26ww already trimmed file I found on the internet but no response. 2nd try I have tried to trim the latest file myself, bhcn45ww and after I have successfully written the file on the chip, the laptop won't even turn on the keyboard lights or backlight anymore! Next, I have tried to reuse the bhcn26ww file from earlier to see if anything changes and I have returned to the main problem: laptop would not boot but at least the keyboards lights and fans are working again. After that, I have tried writing the bhcn38ww and bhcn44ww bin files that i have found on this forum onto the chip but it seems that nothing works.

Would you be able to give me the right bin trimmed file please or guide me through what I would have to do further? I'm in a bad spot and I really need this laptop to not die on me.

Bios chip: GD25B127DSIG

Also this is the bios file that i read before i have made any modifications on to the chip:
                                      Post the laptop's serial number, your error may be due to the hardware.

Thanks to all supporters.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Sure thing!
                                        S/N : PF146AJ4

Thank you lots!

Comment

Originally posted by Pryrex View Post
                                          Sure thing!
                                          S/N : PF146AJ4

Thank you lots!
                                          Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81SX FROM LENOVO HOME PAGE
                                          Attached Files

Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X