Gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH stuck at post screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH stuck at post screen

I have a gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH that will power on, but sticks at the post screen. If I press del to enter the bois setup, it will show "entering setup" but then stick there. Same thing happens if I try to go into the built in flash utility.

I have tested my cpu and ram on another motherboard and they appear to work correctly. I have also cleared the cmos and pulled it's battery. So I'm pretty sure the problem is with the board.

This motherboard was working fine until a Antec 350 watt power supply that was being used with it failed. I opened the PSU and found 4 swollen caps. It was working fine one day and then when I went to reboot the system the board stopped posting. Replaced the PSU and it fired up but it's stuck at hte post screen.

I do not see any swollen caps on the board, so I can no clue where to start. I don't see any brown spots on the board or anything else that would lead me to believe something failed on the board. Have you guys seen bad caps or mosfets cause this sort of issue? Thanks.

Re: Gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH stuck at post screen

I think it's a busted BIOS. Try using the recovery procedure. It usually works from either floppy or CD, but your best bet is a floppy.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

don't think I can get it to reload the bois. It gets stuck right before it's supposed to detect the ide/sata drives and won't get any further. I can't even get into the built in bois recovery/flash utility.

Comment

I have a few of these boards, more importantly, one exhibiting the same issues you describe - someone else was trying to use it.

I'll see if I can find it and work out why.
        I know I stole the mosfets off of one, maybe it's the one that hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by spatimouth View Post
          don't think I can get it to reload the bois. It gets stuck right before it's supposed to detect the ide/sata drives and won't get any further. I can't even get into the built in bois recovery/flash utility.
          I meant the emergency recovery procedure, the one which you would use if it wouldn't show anything.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I also have the same problem too

Comment

Try changing your power supply to a known good one. This worked for me

Comment

Hmm is this a case of thread necromancy?

Why not just use an Eprom programmer to reprogram the BIOS chip?
                Follow me on YouTube
                ------------------
                Learn Electronics Repair
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
                X