Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-40AX630B has developed a fault

Hello,

I bought a Panasonic 40" TX-40AX630B TV from Richer Sounds 7 years ago and it has developed a strange fault. If I attempt to press any button on the back of the TV or remote control (access media features etc.) the TV locks up for a few minutes or longer and sometimes goes blank. However, if I turn the TV off and on again and quickly select a channel it will work fine all day long, as long as I don't touch the remote or controls on the back of the TV.

I've tried changing batteries on the remote, changing plug sockets and doing other things such as a factory reset which took nearly two hours to tune in the TV channels. Normally it used to only take about 3 minutes at the most. I have also tried holding the power button on the back of the TV for 60 seconds with the cord unplugged which made no difference at all. The green LED light blinks about 12 times when it first comes on, and between 6 and 8 times when powered on from standby. Also, the TV doesn't always come on the first time, and I have to turn it off at the back and back on again. Any idea what could be wrong. The picture and sound still work perfectly and it would be a shame if it cannot be fixed. Richer Sounds charges £75 for fixing 40" TVs and extra if new parts are required which could turn out to be quite expensive.

Thanks!

Re: Panasonic TX-40AX630B has developed a fault

if you haven't yet, see if you can update the firmware.

Comment

You start to "crumble" eMMC wear (usually they have a service life of 5 years).

Comment

I would also check main board voltages.
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I've been looking at other TVs and bought an LG 50NANO866PA TV and what a mistake that turned out to be. The viewing angles and colour shift are abysmal and the picture isn't no way near as good or sharp as the Panasonic 40" TX-40AX630B TV.

Speaking of my Panasonic 40" TX-40AX630B TV, it has totally failed now and the green led just keeps flashing continuously. I can barely even turn the TV off at the back as it just turns itself back on and continues flashing. I'm already using the latest firmware and so it won't update and I can't access the system menu at all.

I'm a layman when it comes to TV repair and electronics, so do you think this TV can be repaired and how much do you think it will cost if I send it off to get fixed?

Comment

how about some good focused straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back as to see how everything is connected, can use the go advanced to post pictures.

Comment

HI, this is the service manual for the PANASONIC TX-40AX630E. Mine's the A model, but the motherboards look identical. Like I said, I'm a layman when it comes to electronics, so I'm a bit nervous about taking my TV apart.

Comment

easiest fix might be a mainboard, pretty simple to replace, here's similar one to look for, need to match up the numbers on the white sticker of your board and the replacement. Will be something like this one but they are sold out on that site: https://www.tvparts.co.uk/txna1fsvb-...ne-tx-40ax630b

Comment

Just sell your TV's and buy another one.
                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 07-17-2022, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Going by the info in the first post, it's doubtful to be a backlight issue, Lotas might have it right with the emmc, most anything is possible tho.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-17-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah you are right, forget what I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          easiest fix might be a mainboard, pretty simple to replace, here's similar one to look for, need to match up the numbers on the white sticker of your board and the replacement. It will be something like this one but they are sold out on that site: https://www.tvparts.co.uk/txna1fsvb-...ne-tx-40ax630b
                          HI nomoresonys, Thanks for the link. I presume those mainboards are second hand? I'll probably just send it off to get fixed. I guess it all depends on how much it's going to cost. Richersounds charge £78+ for 40" TVs which doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                            Just sell your TV's and buy another one.
                            Hi dskall, I did buy a new TV, the LG 50NANO866PA. I'm not happy with it, so I'm sending it back for a refund. The picture quality, motion and viewing angle are horrendous. Nowhere near as good as my Panasonic TV.

Comment

maybe check ebay for those repair services, if you do just make sure you check their feedback if you haven't dealt with them before, but 78 seems like it's getting close to the price of a new 40 inch tv. That panasonic got pretty good reviews, they didn't care for the poor viewing angle tho and it can't do netflix 4k or sum such, which wouldn't be a problem for me, I don't bother with netflix, one review there: https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx40...1410223934.htm
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-18-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                maybe check ebay for those repair services, if you do just make sure you check their feedback if you haven't dealt with them before, but 78 seems like it's getting close to the price of a new 40 inch tv. That panasonic got pretty good reviews, they didn't care for the poor viewing angle tho and it can't do netflix 4k or sum such, which wouldn't be a problem for me, I don't bother with netflix, one review there: https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx40...1410223934.htm
                                Hi, I'll check the eBay repair services out. Thanks!

Not having a 4K decoder didn't bother me when I bought it, as later on I just hooked it up to a Firestick 4K and the picture quality was excellent. The viewing angle on my Panasonic TV was also very good, as was the lack of colour shift. It's leagues ahead of the new LG TV I've just bought. It also handles SD channels a lot better, whereas the LG is a blur fest. Here's hoping I can get it fixed.

I'm currently using my £359 MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 27 Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor (IPS panel with Quantum Dot technology) as a TV, hooked up to a Firestick 4K Max and it makes for a decent TV apart from the smaller size. Viewing angle and motion handling (165hz) are much better than the LG and Panasonic. I just don't understand how they can make excellent computer monitors, but not decent budget TVs with similar specs?

Are there any 40" TVs with IPS panels available at around £500 that has a good picture and decent motion?

Comment

I don't have one, but I see some there, i think that one is ips panel, looks like they have more too, seems to be the best prices I've seen in the U.K. might have to type the link if there's an access denied, I guess it's very.co: https://www.very.co.uk/lg-uq80-43-in...0,120152,21477

Comment

lg pioneered the ips panel, so I would guess they have the best ones.

Comment

£20 more gets you the 50" and 6 years warranty, no mention of it being an IPS panel though. Richersounds is the place to buy from.

Comment

ok, that one there for 319 at richersounds is ips, you said you are looking for about 40 so that's what I looked at: https://www.richersounds.com/tv-proj...ize_breaks=817

Comment

Working...
                                        X