Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian repair parts suppliers hunt

Hi All,

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone knew of any good stores in Australia for sourcing OEM repair parts from. In particular I'm needing a galaxy tab S7 plus screen, frame and battery and a Asus zenbook pro duo UX581gv battery ATM. I've had a google around filtering for Australian only but most of the sites look dodgy as hell hiding pricing and requiring you to put in all your details and get account approval before you can even see stock availability and pricing. Or their eBay/the other usual sketchy almost certainly counterfeit stuff. I did find the Samsung spare parts page but they seem to only ship to Europe.

Thanks for your assistance.

Re: Australian repair parts suppliers hunt

Hi. I think that you will find that the parts will be suitable and compatible parts for your repair. The best selection will always be on Aliexpress which hosts the major suppliers. If you want the original part, you can try to purchase a defective unit of the same from Ebay and take a chance to use the defective board as a donor for the repair.

Another option is to review your local Amazon website. Many suppliers are online but do check on the lead times for each part. If filled by Amazon, then you may be fine to receive the goods with a short lead time.

Aliexpress is the suggested solution and sort by the score for each store before proceeding.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look at eBay and Amazon. I emailed Samsung spare parts as well to see if they have a authorised distributor here or not as I'd rather go direct if I can that way you know it's an original part. Especially when it's batteries.

One frustrating thing about eBay/Amazon is for some reason their part numbers are different and list it as LCD replacement. Samsung have it as GH82-23407A but every google listing I've found has it as GH82-23864A. Same as your well known repair stores like mobile centric, wholesale parts group, injured gadgets. So I'm here wondering is this just a generic cut and paste job, is it a misunderstanding of the tech, or is it really a crappy oled to lcd conversation like people tried to get away with in the early iPhone days of screen repair.

While I'm at it I might as well ask as well, are Samsung tablets well known for having drop damage irreparable board issues? This is a tablet I've bought off eBay in hopes to fix for a upcoming overseas trip. But the device won't be here for 2 weeks so I'm tossing up whether it's worth ordering the screen now and hoping it's just a screen job or whether I should wait as it's likely there's going to be irreparable board damage like cracked cpu balls. Listing says it looks like the tablet suffered quite a large drop the camera glass, display are smashed and the frames bent so I'm trying to guess without having the device yet how bad the damages likely to be. Never touched any Samsung devices before only iPhones and macs so I'm going into this one a little weary.

Comment

I think the different numbers refer to different colours. Brown vs black.
        https://www.zandparts.com/en/samsung-gh82-23864a
        https://www.zandparts.com/en/samsung-gh82-23407a

Comment

ah nice thanks for that. Here we only have the black model so I didn't know they had different colours.

Samsung here are charging $430 to replace the screen so I might wait and take it to them see if they will do it. Probably won't since it's physical damage but it's worth a try, better than paying $550 just for the screen alone from eBay/Ali.Than finding out that you just pissed away $550 bucks because the cpu is dead like I've done with multiple MacBooks.

Comment

Just heard back from the eu spare parts dept who confirmed there’s no au alternative and they can’t ship here. so my options are redistribution through a drop shipper or fingered crossed Samsung’s willing to swap the screen for me.

Comment

Working...
            X