This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all. I'm new. My name is John Elliot, I'm from the Blue Mountains, Australia. I'm newly interested in OGXbox refurb. I have a lot to learn!

Comment

Hi All im looking to post in the Bios request forum as I have a bricked Lenovo V15-IIL - customer did a Windows update which updated the BIOS but didnt complete - now it just has a flashing light on power on.
      Looking to use my CH341 programmer to help them out

Cheers

Comment

By the way my name is Mark and im from kent in the UK!!

Comment

Hey my name is Cory, I am from Nova Scotia, Canada. Long time viewer of the site, first time poster.
          I love when my google searches lead me here, it has helped many times in the past, hopefully many more. haha

Comment

Hey all. I'm Atticus. College student studying computer engineering. Love tinkering with hardware and fixing things. Found this forum when someone mentioned it in a thread on iFixit's forum. At this moment I've come to search for answers regarding fixing a specific Dell monitor, but this seems like a place that I'll return to many times.

Comment

Hi
              I am Jamee. Own a repair shop in The Woodlands TX and was referred by Injured Gadgets!
              Cheers!

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I am Steve. I am a hobbyist and very into DIY. I started fixing electronics by finding broken TVs and AV receivers in the trash from my neighborhood. At that time I could identify a blown electrolytic capacitor or an obvious burnt part. I am expanding into laptops and cell phones and feel this is the perfect place to bounce ideas and find the extremely rare schematics and board views!

Comment

Hello All,

I'm new

Comment

Hello,
                    I am an old man trying to get started in these young man's game. I've been A Tinkeron all my life and now I'm retired and have way too much time on my hands. I'm from Texas so being busy is just in my bones. Thanks for putting up with me for a while I hope I earn yawls Knowledge.

Comment

Hi all! I'm Bart from the Netherlands. I bought a second hand Dell latitude and need to clear the bios password.

Hope i will succeed

Comment

Hi,
                        a little about myself eh?
                        all around computer and smartphone nerd, been building desktops from scraps since I was 8, 32 now...
                        do a fair bit of repair work and buy and sell machines on ebay occasionally.
                        from time to time I find myself as a beta tester for android &
                        most of my time is spent tinkering with my hot air rework/soldering station fixing & building things from random components.
                        Also like making cables and such, anything to make music sound better, or just making fun things with arduino.
                        I spend a lot of time using my Raspberry Pi, and am familiar with but still learning linux.
                        Have a few external programmers that I use regularly aside from just using the GPIO pins on the Pi for SPI... most my posts will probably be in the BIOS related forum sections.
                        Currently looking into which device I should be using for JTAG, and welcome any advice to point me in the right direction.
                        Thanks for having me,
                        R

Comment

Hello,

I'm Chris and I fix retro consoles (PS3, x360), laptops and GPU cards.

Comment

Olá, então, seguindo o ritmo da proposta, venho me apresentar.
                            Meu nome é Danilo, desde criança fui muito interessado em saber como as coisas funcionam, um carrinho de controle remoto era muito mais interessante compretamente desmontado e onde eu dava outras funcionalidades para os seus componentes. Ao longos dos anos fui fazendo cursos e me aprimorando nesta área, hoje sou prestador de serviços e vivo exclusivamente dos serviços de reparos em equipamentos. Sou brasileiro, já participo de alguns outros fórums mas este em especial sempre ouvi falar e verdadeiramente é uma honra fazer parte desta equipe com técnicos e grandes profissionais de todo o mundo. Um grande abraço para todos os amigos.

Comment

Hello, so, following the rhythm of the proposal, I come to introduce myself.
                              My name is Danilo, since I was a child I was very interested in how things work, a remote control cart was much more interesting when completely disassembled and where I gave other features to its components. Over the years I've been taking courses and improving myself in this area, today I'm a service provider and I live exclusively from equipment repair services. I'm Brazilian, I already participate in some other forums but this one in particular I've always heard about and it's truly an honor to be part of this team with technicians and great professionals from all over the world. A big hug to all friends.

Comment

Hello! Figured I should probably introduce myself since I am getting into board repair and I'm getting pretty decent at it. I'd like to do more board repair in the future if I can. My favorite repair videos to watch on YouTube are NorthridgeFix, Electronics Repair School, and I also watch Jbv Technologies and other relevant videos I can get to soak up knowledge.

I first came to this forum in search of a boardview and schematic diagram for the laptop I am currently working on. I've made progress and it now turns on.....but has other issues that I need to fix to get it fully working again. I'm hoping that by using this forum I can fix the board!

Comment

Hi everyone.

I'm new to all this and new here, I'm trying to learn more and I come across you some after seeing one of rich's videos in youtube. I have done a few repairs on my dj desks with reballing a bga chip but would like to learn more. been trying to fix my cars bluetooth for weeks now lol .

Comment

Hello there

Comment

hello, i am a computer repairman in turkey, i am doing this job, i have bios software in my hand, but i can't share, it gives a warning that you are not authorized, i wish everyone a good work. have a nice day

Comment

helloo

Comment

as gadgets get older caps die, and we eventually find THIS place for answers. nice!

Comment

Working...
                                          X