This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm new here and I want to say hi to you. I came across this forum when I was looking for a bios for my laptop in google

Comment

hello everybody, name is alireza and learned about this forum from Learn Electronics Repair youtube chanel, hope i can help people and learn myself.

Comment

Hi Folks! I currently have Covid...very minor symptoms, fortunately, but I'm isolating from my wife & son, who are testing negative.

For me it's a vacation: I play music and watch videos while my wife brings meals to my door. I also fix things - including the extra TV which has a bad control board, which led me to your forum. I registered so I could see the specs about which caps to replace to get it working. Thanks all for the helpful info!

Comment

Hi everyone, I am Jonas from Sweden. I work as a software engineer mainly doing functional programming and NLP. However, I want to learn more about hacking BIOS so I joined this forum.

Comment

Hello guys!

Im maateusjo and I'm from Portugal.
            I took a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and I'm here to learn a bit more and help anyone who needs help. (If I have the knowledge xD)

Thanks everyone and it's a pleasure to be part of this community!

Comment

Hi everybody. I'll try to help users. sorry for my english

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                I'm Attila from Hungary, Budapest.
                I just found the badcaps forum now, and find it very useful, so I joined.
                Thanks for everyone!

Comment

I'm Megu, joined for some small amount of help. Blown more hardware than I fixed. Trying to fix that statistic now, going thru all the hardware I own and deciding what to do with all the faulty stuff.

I am an IT technician, mostly dealt with computer repair services, but trying to widen my knowledge in electronics and software development.

Comment

Hello,

Sawn from France. I've recently been donated a few "old" HP laptops and one of them has a BIOS password set.
                    I'm a GNU/Linux user and want to disable Secure Boot in order to use my favourite distribution : Manjaro (using Fedora 36 with secure boot for the time being).

Great community you have there

Comment

Hello everyone, Im PigBait, I'm new to this forum, I love messing around with electronic repair like consoles, and GPUs... I'm still learning so I'm looking for help and to also help others.

thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello,
                        I stumbled on to this forum when trying to find information on removing bios protection on a Toughbook. I enjoy a challenge and am more than willing to learn.

Thank You
                        -Chuck

Comment

Hello everyone. Im new in this forum , im not professional electronic engineer, just learning by my self , its like more my hobby. Would be happy if you will help me in future to sort out some troubles what i will have, or teach me and explain a bit . Sorry if i have some mistakes in writing because im originally from Latvia 😇

Comment

Hi to all im salim from new Zealand i do mobile phone laptop repair
                            and trying to seek knowledge on mother board repair,
                            Kind regards

Comment

hello i 've just joined the forum i found it while searching for schematics
                              for me i am a kind of beginner in electronics i am trying to enter the repairing business
                              any advice would be valuable
                              thank you.

Comment

Hello,
                                My name is Nick and I live in Suffolk, United Kingdom. I'm not new to repair but I still am very inexperienced and always learning. I am a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer by trade and main job, hence the handle, and looking to expand on electronic repair as an ongoing hobby.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Stavros, I am from Greece and my hobby is electronics and computers since I was a kid back in the '80s.

I found this forum while trying to fix an old TV with a broken PCB to use it as a monitor for my home lab.

Cheers!

Comment

Bonjour lads! I'm a software engineer with a lil bit of hardware experience, currently working at an ISP to do stuff with their various CPE thingy, hope to learn and have some extra fun here, thanks!

Comment

Im 59yrs old man with almost 30yrs practice in IT business. Im an IT administrator of a few middle sized companies. Im building PCs, my hobby is servicing laptops and other consumer electronics. I think my workshop is well exuipped but always could be better. I just started to experiment with BIOSes (passwds removes, playing with ME etc.) but Im just a noob... I like VR and Pink Floyd

Comment

Hi, i am a c# develeoper and I found this fourm when I was looking for a schematic for an old laptop

Comment

Hello W

Comment

Working...
                                          X