This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Fabricio, I am from Brazil and I like to tinker with old consoles, however I fence with laptops, monitors, cellphones and whatever else that has a current flowing through.
    I am glad to find a community that's so welcoming to newbies and I hope to start contributing soon.

Comment

Hi everybody. I'm getting into electronically restoring vintage radios and tvs and would like to eventually get into putting together custom circuits related to home automation projects.

-Ben

Comment

Hello guys

Comment

Hello everybody! Great resource, BadCaps are the best!

Comment

Hello Guys

Comment

Ello there. Software engineer here. Found a link about some CheckM8 software via google to a thread here. Looks like this is a wealth of information and I'm grateful to have found ya'll

Comment

Good day/evening to everyone on this forum. I just joinedas I would like to learn how to fix basic electric gear. Seemingly l have been to too many car boot sales and aquired many stuff that l would like to upcycle and save from becoming e-waste.

Comment

Hallo, nett hier .....

Comment

Hello
                    i am Nitin Sachdev from India, i hope you all are doing well.
                    By Profession i am a technician do repairing work have own business of apple device repair, have little bit knowledge of components want to learn more from you guys.

Thanks
                    Best Wishes

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello all!

Found this forum while looking to repair an old set of Alesis monitors that aren't working.
                        Looking forward to getting them fixed and learning some stuff in the process.

Comment

Hi, I'm Gabriel, I have a P14s Gen 2 with bottom cover tamper protection + supervisor password that I enabled.

Unfortunately I don't remember the password and I can't toggle some items in setup any longer.

I'm joining this forum looking for successful supervisor password removal reports for the same model as mine and until I have the courage + programmer + knowledge to open it up and try erasing+writing the EC and/or BIOS chips myself. IDK.

The device does still have 2 year warranty so I'm hesitant to open it, trip the bottom cover tamper protection and be unable to use the computer afterwards.

I was quoted almost the price of a new notebook from Lenovo for new board + fees (and I'm not sure I can keep the old/current board).

Well, that is my story. Happy with the quality + details about hardware in the forum and I learned quite a bunch so much so far.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi my name is Adrian S.
                            I'm 61 and just recently discovered my long dormant love of hifi equipment. I'm now tentatively dipping my size 10's i to the world of repairs of some unloved and neglected hifi !

Comment

Hi! My name is Josh and I found this great place while I was looking to resolve some bios issues on my computer.

Comment

Hello, I'm just a guy trying not to ewaste stuff. Currently converting a early white Intel iMac into a tv due to dead power supply/logic board. Along with that I'm also trying to be a tight ass by reusing as much as possible so am looking for information regarding the ccfl inverter board. The one in my a1207 has a 4 pin connector with 2 brown and two black wires. The notation on the board indicates the 4 wires correspond with inv_cur_hi, lcd_pcm, find, p12v_all. Next step if I can't find a schematic is to crack open a working unit and probe it with a multimeter.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello all!
                                    I'm new to this forum. I'm a new to electronics repair, but have extensive repair experience in automotive and household repairs, I have a few years repairing most electro-mechanical things. I maintain all my PCs and prefer running Arch Linux on my systems, although I am well versed in Windows and am comfortable doing everything from configuring, upgrading software/hardware, networking, cabling, etc. Glad to be here.

Comment

Всем привет. Меня зовут ariec и я являюсь инженером по ремонту цифровой техники. На данный момент занимаюсь изучением ремонта материнских плат и ноутбуков.
                                      Очень заинтересовал ваш сайт.Живу я везде куда забросит судьба.

Comment

Hello All, my name is Mary and I'm very happy to be joining this forum. I don't have a technical background so I look forward to learning from all of you!

Comment

Hi all, Shayne here with in interest in all things electronics repair, with a passion for electric bikes and mobility.

Comment

Working...
                                          X