• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello

Comment

Hi All, I am new here and I joined because I wanted more info on one specific power supply - the Alpha ADP-200DFP - yes, I too have a dead 2009 iMac.

I am a retired Marine Engineer - I spent 30 years in the engine rooms of oil carriers, then 16 years being a Fleet Super, Drydock Manager and Fleet Manager. I've been interested in electronics since I built my first astable multivibrator noise generator at age 15. The ships I worked on had Radio Officers, Electricians but not Electronics guys, so my interest in anything more technical that a 440VAC 3ph motor was useful. I had the great pleasure of working with an ex Soviet Navy Polish guy who had the ability to repair any PCB using bits pulled from defunct and he taught me a lot. My employer was reluctant to supply spare parts and so I learned a lot about electronics. I am retired now and I live in Murcia in Spain and I still have that "try to fix it first" attitude.

I discovered Arduinos too and I have combined them with my other hobbies of electronic music and playing guitar - at 67 I am still doing the occasional gigs in cafes.

I've been around a bit and seen a lot but I admit that I don't know everything and I am willing to learn something new every day. I intend to trawl around this site and see what gems I can find. You never know what your are going to find!!

Comment

Hello,

have not been an active user for some time, but I do enjoy fixing things as a hobby. The infos I found here have been absolutely priceless.

thanks to all

Comment

Hi Guys,
          we are electronic repair centre based in Cork, Ireland.
          Hope to get some insights when stuck on a repair.
          Thanks a mil!
          RepairIT.ie

Comment

Hello. I am new to this forum and thought that since I have retired, I would give this a try for something to do. I've done some minor capacitor replacement in the past. Thanks for the opportunity. I am an Indiana Hoosier, what ever that is worth. :-}

Comment

Buenas tardes,
              Somos un centro de reparación electrónica de Madrid, España.
              Creo necesario leer , informarse, compartir ideas. Hay algunas reparaciones que se atascan y es bueno tener donde solicitar consejo.
              Gracias
              J. Soriano

Comment

Hi! I'm a very long time Linux/FLOSS bug-hunter/devop, and before that an Acorn computer nut. ;-) I've always been into fixing my own hardware, and/or improving it. Right now, I'm getting into repairing GPUs and motherboards as a hobby and maybe side income of I can get good at it!

I'm 44 years old and on the Autism spectrum: "Aspergers" traits; which is probably part of the reason for my desire to fix things and make them better for no reason other than self satisfaction. I've also been known to engage in big picture topics and try to fix the world, but GPUs are probably easier!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to board repair, hoping to learn as much as possible. I work for a large e-recycler in the Northeast US. After years of being the final destination for devices of all kinds I got to wondering if I could bring any of them back to life.

Comment

I'm not exactly a new member. This forum has been extremely helpful to me and I thought I may as well say hello. I have been repairing electronics (mostly phones) for about 8 years. For the last 3 years or so I have been repairing circuit boards for a variety of devices. I work from home and contract with repair shops for any repairs they are not set up for. I just wanted to say thanks to all the people that share their knowledge.

Comment

Hello!
                      I'm Luca from Italy, but everyone online call me Gus.
                      I am passionate about electronics and enjoy trying to fix stuff.
                      As for my job, well, I repair Scania trucks.

Comment

Hi
                        Very informative forum , keep up the good work
                        Terry

Comment

Hi
                          Very informative forum , keep up the good work
                          Andreas

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm gruvytune in western NY.
                            I've built tube hifi gear over years and right now trying to get my 8yo OLED Samsung to work again.
                            I

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm a computer repair shop owner going on 10 years now. Starting to get more into board repair hoping to find more resources and help on this forum! Thanks!

Comment

hello guys Im from philippines and i want to be a part of this ang share ideas that could help

Comment

hello to everyone. im new here and i find this forum amazing. im an electrical engineer but never really worked in the field. what brings me back to those good old days is this forum.

instead of working in the industry i opened up a automotive repair shop thinking this is my calling but life changed and i closed down only to find myself going back to the electrical side of life. now im here and i feel like a kid in a candy store. i hope to meet great people here and see where it leads to. thanks badcaps

Comment

Hello all. I'm a small repair shop owner from Australia. Board repairs are a big part of it so we're trying to get more involved with them.

Comment

Hello together. Gamer, Software-Dev, noob electrician here. With a broken gpu from a friend of mine I thought to have a look into troubleshooting strategies.

Looking forward to get educated and maaaaaybe get to the point of having an idea how to fix this old thing .

Comment

Hello all. I'm a small repair shop owner from Morocco .I have 30 years of experience in the field of electronics.
                                        I hope I will be up to it to help other members
                                        thank you for accepting me in this forum

Comment

Hi Guys !

I am from Canada and has been working in IT field since 1991, since 2013 I have a Computer Store in Scarborough/Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I have seen a lot tech guys in the forum thought that I can use some help with the knowledgeable people in the forum.

I am usually looking for BIOS bin files and schematics and Chips which are masked with different chip numbers.

Looking forward to exchange information.

MHKhan

Comment

Working...
                                          X