X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Germany,

my name is Gunther and i want to learn about LCDs or Plasma TVs.
    thank you!

Comment

Hello,

I am Robin living in Canada, my first computer was the Vic 20 (1984) and on floppy just tape drive. I have been playing with electronics for awhile now letting out the smoke out of components. My first love is cars and driving my mustang on the track. Just starting to collect electronic test equipment and hoping to do the electronics test and repair when I am retired.

Comment

Hello from Italy,

my name is Luca and i want to learn about notebook troubleshooting.
        thank you!

Comment

Hey y'all!

Captain Cappy, here.

I hate BAD CAPS.

They be BAD NEWS.

I got a device I want to fix. So, I'm off to post my first message.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello all i am new at tv repair stuff
            lol been fixing stuff since 1989
            new here

Comment

Hello from the north of England!

I'm Tezz, My first computer was a BBC Micro Model B and I love music, programming and pulling things to bits.

I play Bass Guitar professionally and am currently studying for a music degree

Comment

Hi all,

My name is Arend Lammertink and I studied Electrical Engineering at the University of Twente, The Netherlands.

My first computer was a SV-738 X'Press MSX computer, which I still have and occasionally use as a test image generator for experimenting with antenna's:

I recently bought a Toshiba L350-144 laptop for 2 Euro's at a recycle shop, which was all covered with paint, had no charger and it was unkown whether or not the thing would work at all. After taking it home, I hooked it up to a 2 amp lab power supply, which couldn't handle the load, but the fan ran and it attempted to boot.

So, I hooked it up to the charger of another laptop and it came to life a bit. It turned out the battery was pretty good, too. It runs about half an hour on the battery. Not bad at all. So, I installed a decent OS (Linux Mint) and cleaned the thing with car (paint) cleaner. Worked almost perfectly, all the paint has come off, although the black looks a bit greyish now.

After putting it together again, I found out that running it with the charger/adapter did not work very well. It would suddenly stop working every 10 minutes or so, which I thought would somehow have to do with the (Dell) adapter I used, which supplied 19.5 V instead of 19.

Today, I scored another Toshiba adapter at the same shop for 3 Euros which does supply 19V.

Bad luck. It didn't work properly on that one either. In fact, it was worse. It would not even last long enough for the OS to boot. All I saw was the bootloader. Hmmmm.

Then after some googling, I found this forum, with a thread all about the problem I have:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8991

I'm definitely going to replace that NEC/TOKIN 0E907 capacitor and see what happens. Thanks a lot for all the information shared here.

Comment

Hello all, and thank you for having me aboard.
                  I have been repairing all sorts of electronic (and mechanical) devices for longer than I care to remember, professionally since not long after leaving uni in the mid-80's (YES, we had electronics things that long ago lol!!). I even had a couple of TV repair shops in Edinburgh (in the days when it paid) but have been pretty much out of the trade since moving to Portugal in 2005.
                  But I've never put the soldering iron(s) down and, over the years I have accumulated (among other things) a pile of sick & dead TV's. I still get a kick out of getting something going again which would otherwise have been destined for landfill. Most of my past experience of course is with CRT's, so it's time to learn a bit more about their slimmer successors.
                  Naturally I also have more than a passing interest in PC's, networks etc., but would never aspire to making a living from those.
                  I also love vintage hifi gear, I have more separates than I could ever hope to listen to but I just can't bear to part with any of it. Each piece has its own story....

I'll stop rambling now, I am looking forward to reading up on some of the wealth of useful info on here, and hope to contribute wherever I can.

Comment

Hi all! I'm a Italian computer engineering student, so if i'm writing rubbish english you know why. I have registered to, like almost all the others, abuse the minds of the guys here!
                    Last edited by nydirac; 04-28-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLAAA;

Just a note being that the intro threads get shorter and shorter the younger the post is.

Anywho, Technology in general interests me. I have found the information here very helpfull. I hope that I may be able to return the favor in the future.

Comment

Hello! nice to meet you guys =)

Comment

Greetings Fellow Earthlings,

I am a Biochemist so cannot see what I am doing. You electronics freaks have an easier time in some regards, but there is sooooo much to know. And of course you can never be sure where all those electrons are really going, let alone what they are doing! Hoping for a little help from some pros who work with those pesky electrons......Let me know if you need any help with Biochemistry.

tomcat 101

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm just getting into the "I can fix everything, if I can just find the right info online...." part of my life, and I was delighted to find this website. It looks like a real winner! After reading through several posts and a few different threads, I know this is the right place I was looking for! I hope we can all learn and grow together in the years to come!

Comment

Hi all.
                              my name is David, people call me Dave I am from the U.K have been a Television Engineer since 1973 self employed since 1976 so as you can guess been in the trade for a long time.
                              can see a lot of good info on this site and hope i can help in the future

Comment

Hey Everybody
                                I am an IT Engineer from Mexico, i hope to find the answer of my questions, and help with my knowledge if i can.
                                Thanks

Comment

Hi, my names Daniel.

I like making biltong, something us South Africans usually only buy. It's a type of beef jerry but better than that.

I'm on here because I really want to get n answer for my TV issue. If I find one I'm going to make a video and post it online.

Nice to meet you all.

Dan

Comment

Hello from Hattiesburg, MS. My name is Robbie. I found this site while looking for an answer to an intermittent picture issue with a Sceptre x425bv. Found so much more!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys I'm an EE student from Italy who is struggling with a lcd repair job, I thought maybe you guys could help me!

Comment

Good evening everyone. I'm a DIY'er from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I started out as a badcaps.net customer a number of years ago when I first started troubleshooting and repairing Dell motherboards for works, but since I transitioned jobs, that was no longer needed and I had long since forgotten about how wonderful of a resource this site is. I'm now back in search of assistance and knowledge and you will probably see quite a bit of me around!
                                        Thanks!
                                        -Mike

Comment

my name is joe learned my tech in system USAF flight simulator c 141 visual with further work with firearm simulators video conferencing systems and now POS and R/R
                                          contract work. tv repair as a hobby. how to find good advice here' i appreciate the opportunity thanks joe my current nightmare is a CMD 4203 hitachi plasma montor

Comment

Working...
                                          X