X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I guess I had better introduce myself.

60 year old Electronic Design Engineer from the UK - but TV is not my scene.

I am stuck now trying to sort out my 'offsprings' TV problems

Comment

I am not a robot. I do have a quick question regarding a TV I've just repaired, and I think someone here is likely to be able to help.

Comment

Hello everyone. I love working with electronics and trying to fix them. I'm constantly trying to increase my knowledge of electonic components and am happy to be a part of this community.

Comment

Re: New Members - First let me say hello! I am some what of a fix it all.

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hi All,

I am a having trouble with my Samsung TV. Hence joined the group.

Cheers

Comment

New guy here from SW VA. Looks like a great resource,

Comment

Hello - have a tv with issues. This looks like a good site to find an answer.

Comment

How do I start my own post?

Comment

Hi everyone, like many of others, I joined in hope to save my TV from the death sentence. Looking forward to learn from the experts at badcaps. :-)

Comment

Hello

Comment

arkaboogie here... first pc build and it's a portable for pro audio. trying to figure out how complicated it gets to try to build an old dell 2007fp into the top of a 4U rackspace unit. Z97 mATX motherboard with i7 4790 cpu. i've seen other similar configurations using laptop display panels, but really like the size and resolution of this desktop 2007fp for this situation. any thoughts?

Comment

Hi. Congratulations for this forum.

Comment

Hi guys,
                            I'm here to improve my repair skills i like to fix things and electronic interest me but not knowing a lot of things I've read on a thread here already i think you'll will be able to teach me a lot . if its mine and it breaks well i fix it or trash it and for the most part i do well but don't think for a min i want Tim Taylor {the tool man} something tho. but Thanks for having me here and for the help I'm sure to receive.

Comment

hi!

Comment

Hello... Fellow Computer Tech that just needs a little help now and then...

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                                  My names Nathaniel, I studies electronics back vocational school 15 years ago and been tinkering ever since.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Rui Filipe. I´m from the best country in the world, Portugal
                                    I´m looking for how to repair my motherboard laptop Acer aspire 5740G.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey there!

My Name is Timo, I'm from Germany and I'm really interested in electronics. So I hope to find some new ideas, help and so on.

Comment

Hi guys im new to this site, look forward to meeting everyone and sharing knowledge

Comment

My name is Arun and I really like to fix stuff, I hope you guys can help me save some TVs from going to the landfill, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X