Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

I have a LG 50PA4500 That's just clicking never turns on. I have the back off and am wondering what order to remove cables for troubleshooting. or if even better yet anyone has a service manual for it ? any help is appreciated. I searched the forum but only 3 threads none of which pertain to anything but lines being displayed. Thanks

Re: LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Any pictures of the boards inside? Did you check for the common torn ribbon issue, which affects the PA5500 and PA650 models?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I've checked all ribbon cables and they seem to be good as I didn't see any obvious issues but I'm unaware of the ribbon issues with the models mentioned and can't seem to find info on it so not certain where and what exactly to look for there. here are the pictures of the setup.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does the set click continuously or just a few times?

The ribbons are on the left of this image, orange ones. The razor thin design on these seems to eat into the ribbons making the panel essentially junk.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1402616408
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Does the set click continuously or just a few times?

The ribbons are on the left of this image, orange ones. The razor thin design on these seems to eat into the ribbons making the panel essentially junk.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1402616408
          When I plug the set in it clicks repeatedly not just a few times. it's as if it's trying to start over and over again . each time it tries a little red light comes on for a half a second on the mainboard.

The ribbons all appear to be good to me from what I can see .

Comment

OK, the Z-sustain (right hand board) is connected to the power supply
            Try unplugging that then powering the set on, does it still repeatedly click? Note, it should still click once or twice, just not continuously.
            Then try unplugging the Y-sustain (left hand board) from the Z-sustain and reconnecting the Z-sustain. Check again, does it click?
            Last edited by tom66; 06-13-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

When I disconnected Xsus it would only click one time. reconnect Xsus and disconnect Y-sus and it would only click one time. reconnect all of them and it only clicked one time as well. but if I unplug it for a while it will go back to multiple clicks. I only disconnected the cables going from PSU to the board no others.

Comment

From your description, it sounds like it might be a main board fault. I'm thinking this because there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern with one board unplugged that allows it to work?
                Do you have a digital multimeter available?

Comment

Yes I have a cheap multimeter nothing special but should work to test voltages. I'm just unsure of exactly what to test. Thanks Tom66

Comment

OK, can you locate the Vs and Va test points on the PSU. Check the voltages on these points (about 200V & 55V, exact number printed on panel label) when the TV works and when it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      OK, can you locate the Vs and Va test points on the PSU. Check the voltages on these points (about 200V & 55V, exact number printed on panel label) when the TV works and when it does not.
                      I tried a new mainboard and it didn't solve the issue. should I be testing VA/VS with the TV off but power connected or when it tries to turn on for the split second ? also I'm not seeing points labeled va or vs on the power supply. can I test from the pins going from PSu to Xsus ? this is the same PSU here

http://www.shopjimmy.com/media/catal...609701-TOP.jpg

Comment

Ok it couldn't have been more obvious if it bit me in the leg. VSTP and VATP
                        when I test with my multimeter it says only 6v on VSTP and 0 on VATP using my cheap Cen-Tech multimeter set to DCV/20 setting. this is the meter here .
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351094362802?lpid=82

Red connector plugged in on the middle connector and black at the very bottom. I get 114v AC going into the board.

Comment

Unplug the y and x sustain and check the psu voltages again.

Comment

No changes in voltage from unplugging Just Y from X or the lead going from PSU to X I never get a reading from VA and just 6-7V on VSTP. Thanks

Comment

Sounds like a faulty power board.
                              But before you buy a new one you should try and jump the power supply on without the main board. You'll need a small paper clip for this.

Also what are you using as ground?

Comment

Screw holes on the metal framing as well as the back of the panel and the ground spots on the board where it screws in all 3 spots voltages are the same. I have a wire I can use for jumping to bypass the mainboard just shoot me a line telling me where to touch the ends to. Thanks again for your help it's extremely appreciated.

Comment

Ok so unplug the lead on the mainboard and put in your jumper between PSON and Stby
                                  Usually it's pin1 - pin3
                                  Hook it up like this:

Turn on powersupply if it continues to click over and over then your power supply is at fault.
                                  Its more than likely will be your power supply at fault as there seems to be a common problem with C822.

See if there is any evidence of overheating etc, as it's a known fault Id replace that first before purchasing a powersupply as it will more than likely develop the same fault eventually.

Comment

I see an M-On and RL-ON but no PSon labeled. would it be one of those 2 mentioned above on this model ? also I see no noticeable sign (Bulging/leaking around c802.

Comment

Take a picture please close up and infocus of the bottom right of the powersupply

Comment

http://www.shopjimmy.com/media/catal...609701-TOP.jpg

That is the same board there and is enlargeable by clicking on it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X