SDJ01RM vacuum robot not powers on, all dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDJ01RM vacuum robot not powers on, all dead

If there is a shorted ic, cap etc., it will heat up if you inject voltage. Douce the suspected parts in 99% IPA alcohol and if something is hot, the alcohol will evaporate fast. Then you got an option with something like a FLIR (visual) or Leakseeker 89 (audio).

Comment

or fingers - when it hurts you found a problem

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        or fingers - when it hurts you found a problem
        LOL

Comment

Well, without the caps and the I2608D on the board, the only thing that heats is the main IC, a large 100pin ARM GD32F103 VBT6

Also with the battery the led on the power button light powered on, but without the gyroscope, it's worth putting it all together?

Also say that not sure if its a proper short, between the pins of the capacitors place there are 5 Ohms, continuity test on the tester makes it sound like a short, now I don't know if the gyro chip is bad or the ARM is bad.

Will try to make some readings on the gyro chip to see if the Vin and GNT are shorted there and put back the caps on board to see if the power button gets alive with them on it.

What a pain to work with this without any scheme...
          Last edited by ex250; 02-13-2023, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Well found at I2608D between Pin 16 VDD 3,3v and pin 13 GND are 1,8 ohms (tester threats that like a short), on board same pins 5,3 Ohms, should I consider damaged the I2608D?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ex250; 02-13-2023, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Yes, the I2608D burned out, since there is a short circuit in the power supply and the processor is powered (3.3V) along the same line, it means that the processor got it if there is low resistance at 3.3v.

Comment

Many thanks mate!, will source one replacement and give report

Comment

You have low resistance left on the line (5 Om) and the processor (ARM GD32F103 VBT6) is heating up - that means it is also short and it is also not working, you can check to unsolder it and if the resistance on the 3.3v line increases, you will have to change it too, but it has an internal firmware that you are unlikely to find.

Comment

Will try to plug all without the gyro, and see what happens, the heating on the ARM was not burning, only a moderately warm temp, if that is shorted too, nothing to do for me then and should find a new board. On that case, what a piece of shit from Xiaomi/Roidmi for such expensive vacuum robot.

Comment

nothing happens, LDO regulator and main IC heats considerably both evaporating alcohol after few seconds, now the power button led is not powering on more. I resign myself.

Comment

It makes no sense to repair the board, only a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                        X