Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Battery not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Battery not charging

Hi., I am working on a Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Board # NM-C891. The unit is working fine but the battery does not charge & the laptop does not stay on with a charged battery, if I removed the Adapter cord it just turns off. I put in a new battery & when I turn on, it gives beeps & then laptop does not turn on at all. I checked the battery terminal (JDC1). The reading are as follow:
    Pin 1-2 GND
    Pin 3 NOT Connected
    Pin 4 M_TEMP 2.2v which is very abnormal. This should change to low (GND) when good battery is attached. The volts on this pin never changes with or without the battery or the AC Power in or out.
    Pin 5 DATA 3.3v
    Pin 6 Clock 3.3v
    7-8 Positive (No voltage at all)

M_TEMP signal is directly coming from UCE1A (MEC1663-WC_WFBGA144) .... Do you think this chip got defective. Is this chip programmable?? Can someone look into this. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mferna14; 06-04-2023, 11:40 AM.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Battery not charging

Pin #4 is driven by the battery pack. Given that both tested batteries are unable to pull this line low, review the actual battery contacts. Next, check the resistance from this battery contact on the connector back to the UCE1A chip.

That is, the MEC1663-WC is using an input pin (ADC = analog to digital converter) to detect if the battery is connected or not by monitoring the M_TEMP signal.

After the above checks, use a piece of wire to manually drive the M_TEMP pin low @ junction of PR0101 & PC0102.

Comment

Our saver mon2!!! thanks for the tips I will check tomorrow... Regarding this manual drive "piece of wire to manually drive the M_TEMP pin low @ junction of PR0101 & PC0102." So as I understand One end of the wire goes to the M_TEMP battery terminal & the other end to the junction of PR0101 & PC0102!! Is it right what I have understood???

Comment

No. One end of the wire to the junction of PR0101 & PC0102 and the other side of the wire to ground.

Comment

Ok thanks, will do this & inform you tomorrow...

Comment

Pin7-8 too should show voltage as long as battery is charged(one of the batteries is new as per your post). Resistance check to GND on pin7-8?

Comment

Thanks for all replies, my client has taken the laptop for data backup, once he gets it back, I will troubleshoot once again & let you guys know.

Comment

Working...
              X