Sharp LC-58Q7330U No Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-58Q7330U No Backlight

This set has the known reputation of failed led backlights. The set does not turn on, but when plugged in, the power led stays lit for about 5 seconds followed by two short blinks and then it repeats itself. While shinning a flashlight on the screen, you can make out the Sharp logo, then it goes out and repeats the cycle. I measured some voltages across the led backlight connector. What has me puzzled is that when I place the negative lead of my vom on the led backlight pin connector (in which the black wire going to the leds was), I measure as high as -228volts, and then it falls to -95 volts and repeats the cycle. I was expecting the voltage to be the opposite polarity (+228 volts falling down to +95 volts). Perhaps, it is because the color of the wire being black is usually associated with negative or ground. Should I be concerned about the polarity or just assume that the wire color (black) has nothing to do with the negative terminal. And the red colored wire really goes to the cathode of the led string. I also measured the voltages on connector XP805 (8pin connector) going from power supply board to main board. I measure 2.91 volts on the pin (SB) standby and 12 volts on the other 2 pins designated 12 volts on the legend.
    I believe that I have a open in Led backlight circuit which is causing the set to shut down. Is there anything that I should do to verify my prognosis before taking apart the screen? BTW, I do not have an Led backlight tester, but once I get access the the leds strips, I can test the strip or leds individually. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-58Q7330U No Backlight

It's your backlight's. I have done several of these models. A couple been using myself for a few years now no issues. Just make sure you turn the backlights down after install to 60 or less and they will last for years. Here is link to 5 strip set. I have never had problems with purchasing here.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=gZ0m8cW48hY5
    Last edited by tech9pc; 06-05-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-58Q7330U No Backlight

Thank you so much and also for the link. Your link at the store through Aliexpress was cheaper than the store that I was going through.

Comment

Working...
      X