iPad 7 A2197 - no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPad 7 A2197 - no power

I don't have another battery for testing, but I think it's not necessary, since there is a problem with PCB.

Comment

Here are measurements of charge port connector.

Attached Files

Comment

There is also 5V, so connector looks OK i think.

Comment

Originally posted by elecsoluces View Post
          no power : check first PPBATT_VCC and PPVDDMAIN.
          Inject 4V/3A to PPBATT_VCC and try to boot the device. Report the current draw on your power supply.
          Sorry for jumping in. If I could ask some help figuring out with same model dead. . Plug the charger amps go up hit 1.6 and reset. Nothing on the screen. PPBATT_VCC is fluctuating between 0 and 1.37v. Injecting voltage to PPBATT_VCC 0.68 amps driven from dc power supply, then go down to zero All other rails seem present. Tristar replaced with no positive change. Looks like pmic is getting reset signal but don't know how.
          OP needs cpu reball I think. That's pretty common fault on these.
          Last edited by vahamb; 06-08-2023, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vahamb View Post
            Sorry for jumping in. If I could ask some help figuring out with same model dead. . Plug the charger amps go up hit 1.6 and reset. Nothing on the screen. PPBATT_VCC is fluctuating between 0 and 1.37v. Injecting voltage to PPBATT_VCC 0.68 amps driven from dc power supply, then go down to zero All other rails seem present. Tristar replaced with no positive change. Looks like pmic is getting reset signal but don't know how.
            Ended up being bad q8504 on PPBATT_VCC rail.

Comment

Originally posted by vahamb View Post
              So, you think, the CPU is bad? Reballing this is unreal for me, I think. This is bad news. I hope there is some short somewhere, but I didn't find anything yet.

Comment

I tried to reheat CPU and now the current draw without battery connected is about 0.280A. Still won't power on.

Comment

Working...
                X