No announcement yet.

Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

searching found dump of JVC it say PANEL VES400QNDS-2D-N13 so it enough to give sign on screen if you the test

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      there are discharger machine which do the job, but for some one didn't have its enough if you plug it out from wall socket for 10 minuets and connect the tv chassis to real earth (GND ) point.

how about the T-CON of the JVC do you still have it.. we may able to know which panel was on it via the 40th t-con
      Thanks for discharge information- didn't know such a device existed.

I found a t-con, but cannot say if this is one from the JVC LT-40C880N - it is an LG t-con
      Attached Files

Comment

it would be better if you upload focused clear high resolution photo on the MB LVDS socket at 130S and 230 to compare vin clk etc.

Comment

BTW yours MB230 firmware V. 51.280 i found toshiba V. 51.380 download from here

this link didnt work only with log in. will try to put it some where ells
          Last edited by Diah; 02-27-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

it would be better if you upload focused clear high resolution photo on the MB LVDS socket at 130S and 230 to compare vin clk etc.
            First picture is M230, second picture is MB130
            Attached Files

Comment

VIN 12V pased but let wait till up update the 230 to see if it help

download from here by mega
              Last edited by Diah; 02-27-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I fitted 17MB130, using Toshiba PSU, and Toshiba t-con and JVC WiFi and IR boards, and got no picture (TV had been off for >1 hour), but backlights on.

I disconnected right side ribbon and got a stretched image on the left, but the was for the right side of the screen. But at least I got an image! I assume this is due to software mismatches between MB and T-Con.

Does this suggest the issue is more likely to be the panel, as the only way to consistently get an image is to disconnect the right side ribbon?

I have noticed the ferrite bead F11 on the Toshiba PSU has heat evidence and Q1 transistor is not fitted.
                However, the same PSU type, removed from the JVC LC-40C880, has no heat evidence on Ferrite F11 and transistor Q1 is fitted.
                Could this indicate a PSU issue (not enough power available) on the Toshiba PSU, which could cause the processor on the 17MB230 to glitch the screen due to power dropping?
                Attached Files

Comment

then stop the jvc board.. put back your toshi back and update first... let see what will happen after update.

Comment

but why it show first flix logo and then JVC !!!! when you put the 130S ... isn't strange
                    i would consider to put yours original t-com always

Comment

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post
                      I fitted 17MB130, using Toshiba PSU, and Toshiba t-con and JVC WiFi and IR boards, and got no picture (TV had been off for >1 hour), but backlights on.

I disconnected right side ribbon and got a stretched image on the left, but the was for the right side of the screen. But at least I got an image! I assume this is due to software mismatches between MB and T-Con.

Does this suggest the issue is more likely to be the panel, as the only way to consistently get an image is to disconnect the right side ribbon?

I have noticed the ferrite bead F11 on the Toshiba PSU has heat evidence and Q1 transistor is not fitted.
                      However, the same PSU type, removed from the JVC LC-40C880, has no heat evidence on Ferrite F11 and transistor Q1 is fitted.
                      Could this indicate a PSU issue (not enough power available) on the Toshiba PSU, which could cause the processor on the 17MB230 to glitch the screen due to power dropping?
                      put the 40 PSU of JVC instate of Toshi one.... it will work only the LED BL will be little dim dosnt matter for testing

Comment

but why it show first flix logo and then JVC !!!! when you put the 130S ... isn't strange
                        i would consider to put yours original t-com always
                        That is just how the pictures were uploaded. The JVC logo was shown first, while booting, then I pressed Netflix button to show a different picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post
                          That is just how the pictures were uploaded. The JVC logo was shown first, while booting, then I pressed Netflix button to show a different picture.
                          LOL... i see.... if you doanloaded the update firmware tell me to delete the link

Comment

LOL... i see.... if you doanloaded the update firmware tell me to delete the link
                            I have downloaded the software.

I put the "upgrade_mb230.bin" in the root of the USB drive, with no other files on the USB.

I will update MB230 tomorrow. I will fit re-fit the original t-con before I update MB.

I will also try the JVC PSU also.

Thanks for you help today Diah, I really do appreciate the time you have donated to the cause!!

Comment

So I tried the JVC PSU, and back lights trip due to more than expected LED Current (40” screen has less LED’s than 50” screen - Diah, I know you already know this, this is for others reading the thread).

Refitted Toshiba PSU.

Tomorrow: replace t-con (salvaged, believed to be good) with original t-con.
                              Then update software in 17MB230.

Being honest, I give the software a 10% chance of being issue.

For me, with no other evidence so far, I think the screen itself has an issue, maybe a damaged track (Vgl or vgh) within the glass substrate, which sometimes works, but gives lines, due to impaired switching of the gates (Pixels not switching at the right time) but other times trips vgh or Vgl (and other voltages) giving no picture, until I disconnect the right side of the screen. Or a bad COF or COF connection or even source film connection issue.
                              I think I might try isolating the Vgl and Vgh signal lines to the right side, with ribbon still connected to see if Vgl and Vgh remain good, then if vgh or Vgl are not the problem, try isolating vcom, avdd & havdd also.

When I can get a picture, the fact that the whole screen suffers with lines leads me to think the issue is something that is common to both halves of the screen.

Comment

sorry... i didnt understand what happen to the BL if you used the 40 to 50 size PSU ???

can some one tell me it will damage BL if the leds 6 more than 40 size... unless the one sync R on PSU get open and this normal because the amount of the R sync are different at amount and value
                                then why you thought the psu tropes down the soc and this possible...
                                and why you should see one half at each half screen when you disconnect one ribbon and the normal case only one half should work show picture over UHD

i did all what i know and how to asset you... if you were feel you did mistake to follow my request.. i do say sorry, sorry i did continue with you and still main request you never did the RES picture test
                                Last edited by Diah; 02-27-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

sorry... i didnt understand what happen to the BL if you used the 40 to 50 size PSU ???

I tried the 40" JVC PSU and the backlights came on for 1 second then remain off.
                                  I refitted the 50" Toshiba PSU and backlights were now OK.

can some one tell me it will damage BL if the leds 6 more than 40 size... unless the one sync R on PSU get open and this normal because the amount of the R sync are different at amount and value
                                  then why you thought the psu tropes down the soc and this possible...
                                  and why you should see one half at each half screen when you disconnect one ribbon and the normal case only one half should work show picture over UHD

i did all what i know and how to asset you... if you were feel you did mistake to follow my request.. i do say sorry, sorry i did continue with you and still main request you never did the RES picture test

TV has been off overnight (100% discharged?) and with both ribbon cables connected, I get a blank screen. I still will show you 3 pictures at different resolutions, but to do this, I have to be able to get a full screen, which does not happen every time I switch on.

No need to say sorry, as TV is still in the same condition as when we started.

If the TV was working correctly, and I then disconnect one ribbon, left or right, should I see just one side of the picture displayed correctly?

Comment

just remove the speakers and if there metal cover of the panel buffer boards. you need to take a look there it could be there damage by cleaning liquid the most wrong things people do it to clean the screen surface

Comment

@Diah
                                      I have now refitted the original T-con.

I have been running the TV for 3 hours and have a full picture, but where there are white or very bright places in the picture, this causes vertical lines and "tearing" of the image - see the car picture and see the lines at the bottom of the image, which are in line with the white car licence plate.
                                      It doesn't look too bad as a still image, but as a moving image, there is some jumping of the picture and lines are more visible.

I have also attached 3 pictures at different resolutions, as requested.

The high resolution image was photographed, then I used windows picture re-sizer to reduce the resolution to 1080 and then again to 320x480 to give the same picture at three different resolutions, they were viewed on the TV, then I photographed all three images and uploaded them here.

Hope this is of some use.......
                                      Attached Files

Comment

keep it on and update it to the version i gave to you after you finish upgrade go to servive menu from there do hard reset... try dont move the tv as i think you may have some things effected by moving the tv

Comment

keep it on and update it to the version i gave to you after you finish upgrade go to servive menu from there do hard reset... try dont move the tv as i think you may have some things effected by moving the tv
                                          Too late!!

I put into standby, and it came back on.

I removed power, now, no image again!!!!

I will try again tomorrow after it has cooled.

I did an online software search while it was on, and no online software upgrade was found.

Comment

Working...
                                          X