Furnace board schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furnace board schematic

hey ya'll, im looking for either a schematic or just a value for a capacitor. See attatched photo...The cap im looking for is C3 on the right side
    Attached Files

Re: Furnace board schematic

It is likely similar to C20 Looks like a 104 (0.1µf) maybe 1kv? does not look that critical
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

pic here of what it should look like . https://www.amazon.com/White-Rodgers.../dp/B00DS6QM6E
      is it in parallel with that diode ?

Comment

is that MOV (rv2) cracked or is it dirt?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          It is likely similar to C20 Looks like a 104 (0.1µf) maybe 1kv? does not look that critical
          that is only rated for 63 or 100v

Comment

Ok 1kv is overkill and not required, looks like the voltage across it is 24v so 63v or 100v would be fine.

Just a note, the board should operate without the C3, so if it doesn't there will be something else wrong
            Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I havent looked hard at the board. just kind of obvious there is a fried cap. 104 gives me a starting place. Maybe I'll have time this weekend (yeah, right) to look at it

Oh, 1KV would cover it i would think

Comment

I just suggested the cap voltage before I found a picture of the rear of the board and where it was connected, then found a manual that uses this board so I then knew where it was in the circuit.

Comment

In the pic of the blue cap, I see "103" marking on it.
                  The flame-detect section needs a HV disc capacitor, these are typically 103 at least 100V.
                  I notice the broken cap C3 is much smaller in size than C23 in other pics of the White-Rodgers PCBBF110.

If the cap is too big and is the flame-detect blocking cap, it would have sluggish response and might false trip on flame out.

Comment

C3 connects between J58 pin 6 (also C on terminal strip) and J58 pin5 which is the load side of the fuse. so basically C3 is across the transformer (after the F1 fuse)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ah I'm wrong then, I followed the trace and see the cap is for noise filtering from the 24VAC transformer. Not a critical part.
                      In a few eBay pics C3 is smaller than C20, so I thought around 10-33nF which is what I'd use but 100nF works too. At 50-100V I would go with because 24VAC is 35Vpk.

Comment

You never said what's going on. Are you 100% sure the board is bad?

Comment

Moot point now...He decided to get a new furnace, so I have a board with a blowd cap. Ill throw it on the spare board pile in case i need a part off of it or something.
                          Thanks for ya'lls help

Comment

Working...
                          X