Macbook Pro 820-01700 - 2TB Nand bin dump request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Pro 820-01700 - 2TB Nand bin dump request

Hello all, the title kind of says it all.

I have an 820-01700 that has 3 of the NANDs shorted. U9080 shorted G3H to the 2.5V lines. RIP

This being said, I would like to replace the dead NANDs but am not finding any .bin information for the set.

U8600 TSB4232(320G)
    U8700 TSB4232(320G)
    U8800 TSB4228(128G)
    U9100 TSB4232(320G)
    U9200 TSB4232(320G)
    U9300 TSB4232(320G)
    U9400 TSB4232(320G)

(The 320GB are actually 256GB NANDs, but I believe they are being used in the 320GB configuration - ask apple how that works)

This all being said, does anyone have a .bin dump of all 6 nands in their correct orientation? The p13 has the 512gb and 1tb configurations, but not the 2tb or 8tb.

Thanks!

Re: Macbook Pro 820-01700 - 2TB Nand bin dump request

As an update, I have had no luck getting my hands on this yet. Not sure if anyone could help me out.

Comment

I am in the same issue did you find any solutions?

Comment

Just out of interest, are you saying that you have NAND dumps for the other memory configurations and can write these to new blank NAND's? I would have assumed this is possible but have not seen anyone mention it.

Comment

Hello, there is dump 820-01700 2TB Toshiba
          Attached Files

Comment

And search for dump 2141 4tb sandisk, maybe anyone have

Comment

iBoff just uploaded a very useful video about NAND's on the MAC's. Well explained on how Apple have screwed the 3rd party repair industry (and their customers). SSD port numbering etc and NFLP are important concepts to understand when transplanting bigger storage.

They do mention that the JC P13 is able to do the T2 MAC's currently and firmware is available from them (M1 or later not supported at this stage). Downside is that that the TBW values etc are all overwritten so customers have no real way of determining the real health of NAND's that are transplanted. M1 or later MAC's are not currently supported. Not clear if they have dumps for the bigger NAND's.

Is it worth it given there are no sources of brand new NAND's? You have no way of knowing the life of a donor set from a board with a dead CPU for example. Of course China are going to be dodgy as.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7m...annel=iBoffRCC

Comment

What I understood from iBoff's video, is that it is possible to replace nands from different t2 boards as long as what he calls the "landing rules" are followed. Can anyone confirm this? I used to think that direct nand transplant was only possible between same model boards. So is it maybe possible that this a2141 2tb nand dumps should work on another board such as a a1990 board?

Comment

Originally posted by alex11x View Post
                  thank you so much

Comment

Here are the 'rules' for replacing nands:

1. You can swap like-sets from like-model boards. Manufacturer not important as long as the board model is identical (you cannot mix manufacturers). If you swap from varying configurations, you must mind all SSD/board cfg resistors.

2. If swapping only a PARTIAL SET--i.e. only 'one side' of an 820-01700 is shorted, you MUST program (JCP13) the new chips with empty/blank firmware/boot-sector-blocks, or the board will give an SSD error when restoring. You can either program the chips you're replacing, OR you must replace the full set.

3. Chips MUST be replaced in exactly the same spots they are pulled from. You cannot simply pull all the chips and throw them onto the board in any random sequence, of course.

It's a BRUTALLY DIFFICULT PROCESS, so unless it is VERY worth your while, do know what you're getting into.

Comment

Originally posted by alex11x View Post
                      Programmed but error code 35

35 - probably bad trace on one NAND, sysconfig block cofiguration => NAND mismatch.

Comment

Based on what I see here, as well as another project I am working on, it appears that JCID P13 fails to properly dump TSB4232 NANDs. Based on my testing, every dump of TSB4232 NAND is always 7MB in size, is either incorrect or incomplete, and doesn't work properly when flashed onto another NAND. I don't know if JCID is aware of this issue, but I tried to get in contact with them but have gotten no response. My assumption of the root of this issue is the fact that the TSB4232 NAND was the ONLY model used only on Macs (T2 Macs only), and was not used on iPhones and iPads (like all other NAND models used on these systems). As such, I doubt the JCID people will even care to look into this issue, as they seem to mostly care about iPads and iPhones only. So unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to get the JCID devs to recognize and rectify this issue. And who knows, maybe they already have with P15... I don't have one to test at this time.

Comment

Working...
                        X