Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 8 pin wiring standard for hot air guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a 8 pin wiring standard for hot air guns?

Hi all.

A while back I was given a very dead Ya Xun 878D+ rework station, the kind that has a fixed hot air gun and a removable iron with the 5 pin socket.

It was a fairly straightforward repair and has been working well, but one thing has bugged me was that the hot air gun couldn't be disconnected, so I bought an 8 pin socket and plug set in order to resolve this.
    Yesterday, after stripping it down and cutting the wires, it dawned on me that there is probably a 'standard' as to which wires are connected to which of the 8 pins?

Obviously, I can wire any wire I want, to any connector and it will work just fine, HOWEVER... who the fuck knows where this unit will be in the future and IF someone else (who doesn't know what I have done) buys a replacement heater gun, then it will likely cause some major damage.

So... does anyone have any info regarding the 8 pin socket wiring?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Crystaleyes; 02-25-2023, 07:52 AM.

Re: Is there a 8 pin wiring standard for hot air guns?

they arent standard, and most companies got rid of the connector for safety reasons.
    if you unplug the handpiece you can touch or short the pins with mains on them.

Comment

Re: Is there a 8 pin wiring standard for hot air guns?

Originally posted by stj View Post
      if you unplug the handpiece you can touch or short the pins with mains on them.
      Aha! Good point, and obvious now I Iook at it.

Gonna go for it anyway, as the blower will only realistically be disconnected when the station is being moved.

The wiring order only occurred to me as an afterthought.

Cheers though!

Comment

Working...
      X