Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to repair an Air fryer EAF383

Hello,

My air fryer suddenly stopped while frying food.

I usually repair laptop boards, so I am not sure where to start with this one.

One side of the board has some kind of coat, which makes it impossible to diagnose with my multimeter.

Do you have any idea? Thank you

Attached Files

Re: Trying to repair an Air fryer EAF383

The coating is probably conformal coating. You can just scratch it away.

Comment

This board has only a transformerless power supply and power relay it looks like . There is another board for control. Check voltage on the 2 parallel caps c2 and c3 in picture .u1 to L2 circuit makes a buck converter that powers the control circuit. Check voltage on connector to control board.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_rider View Post
        This board has only a transformerless power supply and power relay it looks like . There is another board for control. Check voltage on the 2 parallel caps c2 and c3 in picture .u1 to L2 circuit makes a buck converter that powers the control circuit. Check voltage on connector to control board.
        I tried reading voltage directly from ACN, ACL and HOT, and I only get low voltage (0.03V).

I made sure to trigger the safety button.

I measured with both AC and DC mode.

Comment

Ring the circuit with a multimeter from the plug itself to the ACN and ACL contacts, there may be a thermal fuse and it burned out.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
            Ring the circuit with a multimeter from the plug itself to the ACN and ACL contacts, there may be a thermal fuse and it burned out.
            Out of the three, only ACL beeped

Comment

Well, look for why ACN is not called, what is in this chain ...
              On the heating element, there may be such a thermal fuse in heat shrink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vn1CZIPLm4
              Attached Files
              Last edited by lotas; 03-28-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Feel along those braids and see if you feel a stiff part, that could be a thermal fuse.

10 times out of 10 when I have fixed an appliance that got hot and stopped working, it was a thermal fuse hidden in some woven braiding like that. You can order new thermal fuses just remember to crimp them on, don't solder them or the heat from the iron can trip the fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerB View Post
                  Feel along those braids and see if you feel a stiff part, that could be a thermal fuse.

10 times out of 10 when I have fixed an appliance that got hot and stopped working, it was a thermal fuse hidden in some woven braiding like that. You can order new thermal fuses just remember to crimp them on, don't solder them or the heat from the iron can trip the fuse.
                  I tried to check the wire that did not have continuity. It seems to work when jumping with a cable (see red arrows).

When jumping like this, the air fryer turns on but the fan does not start. I tried opening the part with the fan but it is sealed.

I feel like the fan is defective.

Thank you for the suggestions!
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's almost always the thermal fan that goes on these. That big black plastic part will come apart somehow (the nut holding on the fan may be reverse threaded). Those two white wires going through the hole to the right of the element are the ones that are connected to the fuse. When you jumped them you bypassed it.

Otherwise check for continuity across the fan windings. There's sometimes another small thermal fuse hidden in there.
                    Last edited by CG2; 04-14-2023, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X