Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus PU551LA cannot restart after shutdown

Motherboard PU551LA Ver 2 with Intel i5 4210U
    I bought the motherboard as faulty to replace a similar one not repairable because it was completely shorted.
    3V EC was shorted to ground because of EC chip. IT8585E FXA replaced with IT8585E FXS. Motherboard now works and I am able to recharge the battery, install Windows and update BIOS from Ver 207 to 210 with EZ Flash, but it has the following problem: Every time I power off the laptop with power switch or with Windows shutdown the laptop apparently turns off, but the power LED remains on and it's not possible to restart the laptop. Resetting the pc by keeping the power button pressed for 6 seconds turns off the Power led and boot works fine.
    Same behavior with power off from bios or Windows.
    I tried disabling fast boot, loading BIOS default, playing with bios parameters etc. : still same problem. I noticed that along with 3.3V and 5V, the 1.05V is always on (which surprises me). Also if you suspend from Windows or close the lid, restart is not possible as with shutdown.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance

Re: Asus PU551LA cannot restart after shutdown

Review the operation of the lid sensor.

Comment

Remove wifi card.If that doesnt help desolder lan/audio/card reader chips from motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
        Review the operation of the lid sensor.
        Thanks for the suggestion. I believe the lid works as closing the laptop cover the display turns off and opening it it turns back on.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Remove wifi card.If that doesnt help desolder lan/audio/card reader chips from motherboard.
          Thanks for the suggestions. I tried removing the wifi card, but still same problem.

Before trying to desolder other chips I want to give it a try to order and replace the ec controller with a IT8585E FXA (like the original one) because I used a IT8585E FXS I had in stock. I could not find any official information about FXS and FXA chips apart one of your previous posts stating that FXA stands for "always" and FXS stands for "suspend". Do you have more info on the subject?

Comment

No, i dont know anything more then what i've posted. The suufix does create issues on many boards and should be replaced with same suffix to avoid any doubts. So go ahead and replace EC. Good luck.

Comment

I had the same issue on asus laptop. It was onboard SOC model. I reworked SOC and the problem was gone. The laptop working fine.
              Last edited by raajkumar; 05-15-2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Received and installed the new IT8585E FXA chip.
                Now everything works fine
                Thanks to everybody for their help.

Comment

Another thread highlighting the importance of matching Suffix on SIO.

Comment

Working...
                  X