Replaced HiSense 75H6570G backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced HiSense 75H6570G backlight

TV has 2 strings of LED backlight. 1 string had 1x LED failure. Replaced all LED light bar (thought about replacing just 1 bar but new bar LED color more white compared to old)

The large screen and HiSense reflector paper assembly presented some challenges over the smaller screens.

- 75" TV is huge, need 2x large work surface (1 for TV, 1 for LCD panel)
    - White reflector paper in the tub is secured by 10 columns and 1 row (on top the tub) of double sided sticky tape. Took awhile (need to go slow to avoid/minimize damage) to remove with minimal damage.
    - LED bars are glued down so need to have double sided tape to mount new LED bars. I just use small pieces of Tesa tape near the black glue points.
    - Putting the reflector paper back properly has some challenges. double sided sticky tape is less sticky on 2nd use. Tub need to be evenly supported on a flat surface (I removed all boards and cables and lay it on a mattress) so the paper goes in flat and even. If not, will have LED bright spots presumably from uneven reflector paper install.

Attached Files
    Last edited by howardc64; 05-19-2023, 02:03 AM.

Re: Replaced HiSense 75H6570G backlight

i have to admit, always if i took the clued reflector sheet on 65 + size get several damage even if i use heat or alcohol LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      i have to admit, always if i took the clued reflector sheet on 65 + size get several damage even if i use heat or alcohol LOL
      My removal wasn't perfect. had a 4-5cm rip near top where the single row of double sided tape was (didn't know it was there) But was repairable with some tape (on the backside)

Had some slight wrinkles which didn't matter. Most important was the reflector paper must lay flat and even. HiSense used many LEDs (14 bars x 6 LEDs) to make a shallow tub for a thinner TV. Unevenness in the reflector paper is easy to show.

Not so easy to install with the sticky tape since it will stick as soon as laid down. Had to pull it up and relay down many times to get it flat+even. After flat+even, probably helpful to add some new double sided tape in uneven areas. My first assembly had bright LED spots so took extra care to lay tub flat and repeatedly lay down the reflector paper until it looked even and flat. Then pressed paper onto the double sided tape to secure.

Comment

I just got one of these to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
          I just got one of these to fix.
          Backlight out? Main dead? (likely eMMC)

Comment

Backlight out. Sad it only takes 1 led to shut the whole tv down.

Comment

Mine has a random popping sound as LED strips warms up after repair. I guess using small square of double sided tape near original glue spot wasn't enough. Need to open again and apply full tape on back of all LED bars...

Comment

You got me wondering now. I’ll have turn mine on today and see if it makes any popping noises.

I just turned it on for a minute to make sure the lights work and turned it right back off.

Comment

Mine doesn’t make any noises after warmup. I did however use tape on the entire strip when I installed them.

Comment

Working...
                  X