HP Envy x360 15-cp0012AU battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Envy x360 15-cp0012AU battery issue

Hi i got this nice laptop in for battery replacement TS.

Owner ordered a replacement battery off Ebay (seller ratings were legit though :-)
    Charger is a also new non original HP blue pin but does own the resistor between (+) to middle pin.
    + 19.76v
    0.845v on brown wire

Original battery (LK03XL) was bloated and was showing 100% but didn't hold any charge,
    Pin1-2 (+) terminal 0.056v.
    Pin3: 2.968v
    Pin4 2.968v
    Pin5: 3.23v
    Pin 6-8: GND

Replacement battery arrived charged and laptop powered up.
    But didn't agree to charge the using laptop charger.
    It eventually drained

I wanted to understand if the battery will agree to charge if i apply 11v off my adjustable power supply to the battery + terminal once it's still connected to the MB, and it was charging fine.
    Pin1-2 (+) terminal 9.7v.
    Pin3: 2.852v
    Pin4 2.852v
    Pin5: 3.13v
    Pin 6-8: GND

Weird thing is that now the laptop refuses to power up with the new battery connected (3 orange blinks).
    Without any battery or using the old battery it's powering without any issue.

I know sometimes the battery itself might be the issue but since it was charging fine if i apply voltage then i doubt if i can eliminate any other factors before ordering another battery from a different seller.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by s_henya; 06-05-2023, 09:54 PM.

Re: HP Envy x360 15-cp0012AU battery issue

You injected 11V to + terminal of battery while it was connected to motherboard? Thats not the way to check a battery. If this was what you did,You may have damaged the dischrge fet and/or charger IC.

Wait for others opinion.

Comment

i let the new battery drain while connected to the MB without charger and the laptop agrees to power up with it.

So no harm was done.

new battery is being identified orange light is one, battery charge is 0% but it's not increasing.

Can you suggest some tests? maybe around the charger ic BQ25708
      Last edited by s_henya; 06-06-2023, 09:54 AM.

Comment

What is the motherboard markings? Link schematic,if available.

Comment

Working...
        X