Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG OLED 55EC930T Off after a few seconds

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    when Module pulling over current because of burned cells. it will trick sos signal from T-CON to MB and from PSU to MB.. depending on the model type.
    my post #17 only the answer i can give to you.
    So you think that there's no issue with the main board?
    If I manage to isolate the SOS signal I may be able to get the set into working state?
    in order to isolate the SOS signal what do you propose I do.
    Your continued help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

yes its panel burned... you can isolate the SOS signal between T-CON and MB to remain on.... in this case the TV had function pixel refresh who knows could be work for long time as now its rubbish
      Dear Diah,

As you have suggested and the details available on thread "LG 55EA970V OLED / black screen" I have traced the path from MICOM pin 16 to the TCON connector and it was observed that MICOM pin 16 is connected to TCON connector PIN 12 for SOS signal as it was traced back from the MICOM.

Do you think it's the right SOS signal path?

Best Regards
      Dulaj
      Attached Files

Comment

i don't have documentation on micom chip ...terminate the line so you will know... if the micom didn't start mean after termination the sos the pin 16 need to be low

Comment

Dear Diah,

Sorry to bother you after a while.
          I was waiting for a new service remote from China. The exit button of the previous one was not working properly Therefore, I was unable to properly exit the power only mode.

Now that the new SVC remocon is available I have plugged in all boards and started the unit in power only mode and exited the power only mode. Unlike before the LG LED is remaining on.

What do you prefer I do next?
          Always grateful for your continued support.

Comment

Originally posted by dvadssc View Post
            Dear Diah,

Sorry to bother you after a while.
            I was waiting for a new service remote from China. The exit button of the previous one was not working properly Therefore, I was unable to properly exit the power only mode.

Now that the new SVC remocon is available I have plugged in all boards and started the unit in power only mode and exited the power only mode. Unlike before the LG LED is remaining on.

What do you prefer I do next?
            Always grateful for your continued support.
            Attaching the image of power only mode
            Attached Files

Comment

i don't have documentation on micom chip ...terminate the line so you will know... if the micom didn't start mean after termination the sos the pin 16 need to be low
              Dear Diah,

Found the schematics related to the MB. It seems that the panel burnt detection signal is coming through PIN 12 of the LVDS connector to the motherboard MICOM pin 16. Tested the voltage level of the pin and when the TV is powered on the pin voltage only rises to 0.4V and then shuts down. To confirm, the path between the LVDS pin 12 and micon pin 16 was removed and tested. Still the relay clicks off.

Therefore we can assume that the reason for the TV clicking off is not the panel burnt issue but something else. Do you have any insights on this.

Regards, Dulaj.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dvadssc View Post
                Dear Diah,

Found the schematics related to the MB. It seems that the panel burnt detection signal is coming through PIN 12 of the LVDS connector to the motherboard MICOM pin 16. Tested the voltage level of the pin and when the TV is powered on the pin voltage only rises to 0.4V and then shuts down. To confirm, the path between the LVDS pin 12 and micon pin 16 was removed and tested. Still the relay clicks off.

Therefore we can assume that the reason for the TV clicking off is not the panel burnt issue but something else. Do you have any insights on this.

Regards, Dulaj.
                you have panel fault. no other reason
                one things more.. over all error circuit signal. if its OLED Panel or LED error on LCD LED TV, the by pass only the error when the pins go to GND.
                becarfull by passing OLED Panel error could caused fire on the screen... real fire and we saw many over here too.

Comment

after you isolated pin12 on LVDS.... did you bridge MICOM pin 16 via 1K/R to GND !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X