HP SpareKey issue with my HP Spectre x360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP SpareKey issue with my HP Spectre x360

I don't think HP sets any passwords. Only on demand by whoever orders these laptops. I just read it from your bios dump.

Comment

Hi,

I am new here.

Need your help with similar situation.

I am using EZP2019+ programmer.

The bios chip is 25B64CSIG, assume the manufacturer is Gigadevice since the "CSIG" type keywords come after their produces.

However in the EZP2019+ this is not listed under their brand. How can I add the missing chip in it's library. could someone please help.

Or the compatible chip ID from the below list.

https://www.hklrf.com/24download/img/EZP2019-List.txt

Comment

Hi Dear, i have this same problem with loked BIOS. How i can extract password from the .bin file?

Comment

By uploading your file.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
            Because spectre is not probook/elitebook/zbook.

Your password is prot8200
            @RethoricalCheese
            How to get this result, could you explain this scancode to the community?

Comment

You would need to find where the password is (I don't really know how to explain how to find it so you would need to find it yourself). It is in hex, first character is the length of the password (for example 0A would be 10 characters long). Next characters are the password itself, except the last character, which is checksum.

Password is in scancode format. Google for a scancode table so you can "decrypt" the password.

This is an example:
              05080606030BD9
              Password lenght 0x05 = 5 characters
              Password 080606030B = 75520
              Checksum = D9

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                You would need to find where the password is (I don't really know how to explain how to find it so you would need to find it yourself). It is in hex, first character is the length of the password (for example 0A would be 10 characters long). Next characters are the password itself, except the last character, which is checksum.

Password is in scancode format. Google for a scancode table so you can "decrypt" the password.

This is an example:
                05080606030BD9
                Password lenght 0x05 = 5 characters
                Password 080606030B = 75520
                Checksum = D9
                I think you may have confused your explanation in this algorithm a bit, but that's okay... The important thing is to be nice, this quality is not lacking in you. Congratulations!
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-03-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Oh, well, I read scancode and explained the scancode method didn't even look at where that password came from. Good job!

Edit: Yup, this is the AMITSESetup method, which I've explained somewhere else before. I've quickly made myself a tool before fir AMITSESetup but would gladly take a look at yours.
                  Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 03-21-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X