This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I finally decided to join Badcaps after trawling the net looking for a solution to a problem I have with an HP laptop, the forum seemed like a reliable, trustworthy source of knowledge and resources . I have a small understanding of computers and gadgets but I like to learn, and that knowledge is slowly growing thanks to sites like this. With the small amount of free time I have (work, wife, children etc.) I like to 'tinker' with broken things to see if I can get them working again (probably why I became a car mechanic). Here's hoping my next post will set me on my way...

Comment

Hi I’m Doodle and I’m saying hello in hopes to get some help with my TV

Comment

Hi all!
        This is Ernesto, with electronics around me from 14 yo.
        Through my best interest are computers I still reserve some time for PLC, arduino, or fixing (replacing parts) circuits.
        I'm much more on signals (digital scopes) than on analog circuits... and more practice than theory

Comment

Hi guys!

Comment

hey
            big C64 / Amiga freak from Austria here
            at some point in my life I guess I took a wrong turn. Now I am stuck with Windows (

Comment

Hello, my name is Jorge, I am from Mexico, I am 30 years old, I have only been working with laptops for 10 years, and I found this forum to be very good. I hope I can help in some way.

Comment

Hello! I'm Guy. I'm here because I cannot let this TV win! I need help! I will post details in the appropriate thread. Thank you for this site.

Comment

I thought by posting here I would be able to start a thread in the TV repair section, but it still says I do not have permission.

* nevermind - I see the bit about it updating permissions hourly
                  Last edited by THE GTC; 05-27-2020, 05:27 AM. Reason: I see

Comment

Hello !
                    I decided to join this wonderful forum, and finding it forced me to seek help in repairing Blaupunkt TV ;-)

Comment

Hello, (first thing I want to apologize for any English error )
                      I just joined this forum and it seems a really good place to learn something about component level repair, I hope to learn lot of things and maybe help someone else!
                      I discovered this forum looking for a solution for my notebook and I'll open a new thread soon
                      Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

Hello! Im new into fiddling with Pcs myself and i kinda got in a problematic situation so im here to get help!

Comment

hi all
                          my name is thermometer not real name obviously
                          i own 5 laptops which are all dead now ranging from water damage to sudden deaths
                          never tried to give to others repair shops because i didn't needed them (i used desktop pc back then) so fast forward now i repair phones and now i'm desperate to repair most of my laptops.

kept tying to fix them for past few months but no luck. so now i'm here

my current pc specs is pentium 5800 or something ddr2 2gb ram nvidia gt 410

and now trying learn coding so this pc is no good but laptops are great if fixed

Comment

Hi there,

I am jcsc and I came here to ask about some TV problem I have.

Cheers

Comment

Hi I am here looking for some help on troubleshooting some TV issues and to learn.

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys.

I'm here learn new stuff in order to contribute to this community at a later stage. I've been doing computer repairs since I can remember, but I've never done board repairs, which I plan to get into asap.

Take it easy.

Sergiu

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Ivo from Bulgaria.
                                  I'm doing some repairs on laptops, tablet and other consumer electronics like hobby. Specialized in dell latitude and precision and also HP elitebooks. The forum helps me a lot with dealing with some issues.
                                  If someone has problems with some of the models I will be glad to help with my knowledge an database with shematics and bios dumps.

Comment

Hello! Just joined to ask a few questions on modifying a laptop PSU to a higher voltage. 19.5V to 24.0V

Comment

Hi,

I joined this forumas Louis Rossman on Youtube recommended pldaniels.com and from there that site recommended this site. I am also here in preparation for trying to fix my iPad 2 that got immersed in water for 2 months (2 hrs in actual water while in a ziplock bag that leaked then out of water but in the same bag that I couldn't get access to for 2 months) and does not work. So will by trying to see if opening it up and drying it out will do the job, or whether I will have to buy a used iPad2 and take out the NANO FLASH RAM out of the waterlogged iPad and put it into the 'new' one to see if I can recover my data. I found that schematics for the iPad 2 motherboard (I think) here, but in a format I don't recognise. So it will be interesting what I can recover and whether I can get the iPad 2 to work again.

Comment

Hello everyone, I joined this forum because I needed some schematics. I attended electronics in my secondary school and the whole schematics stuff just clicked in my mind after 6 years of the school when I tinkered with my 3D printer board! And so I'm getting more interested in fixing my own stuff, and I even worked as a electronics solderer for a few months so I thing I got skills to do so
                                        I would like to thank everyone in this community for the help!

Comment

Hi, my handle is crosscomp, I'm a Chef by trade and have gotten into electronics repair as a hobby, I have loved to fix and understand how things worked for years(as a child took my fathers electric drill apart even unwound the windings to find out how it worked( we tried to put it back reassemble it and had no luck, thats when I was bitten by the repair abug). As I approach 60 Years old I am determined not to stop but keep on going when I retire. why not do some thing that I love and keep the old gray cells active.

Comment

Working...
                                          X