X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Guys,
    I feel out of place somewhat, here, but everybody's gotta start somewhere, I guess. My name: Joe Dickerson. My previous: Aviation Electronics Technician. My job in the Navy aboard the USS Independence (carrier) was to repair the "black boxes" that came off of the F4's and the E2B's....some A6's. These included the AFCS (automatic flight control system), the ADC (air data computer), the INS (inertial navigation system), and so forth and so on. After 2 1/2 years, They placed me on TDRL (temporary disability retired list) because I came down with Tuberculosis. They thought I would die, but I fooled 'em. I now work on TV's appliances and anything that uses electricity I'll tackle. I enjoy mostly my work, but my grandkids are my favorite. I have a shop next to a major highway here in Jasper, Texas. I have a new 40HP tractor that I enjoy looking at mostly. (can't do a whole lot with 2 1/2 acres) Anyway, that's it. I hope this will be an avenue that will not only help me, but I'm hoping that maybe with time, I'll be able to help someone else.
    Kudos,
    Joe

Comment

Hello Badcaps I am a newly birthed member!! I really need some help with a Lenovo laptop so I am posting here first to fulfill my post requirement.

Comment

Retired Electronic Tech...(forced retirement...company folded...and no service related jobs here)...
        I Have a LN46A550P3F 46" Samsung with what looks to be a bad T-Con board (V520H1-C06) I have been unlucky enough to get two bad used "replacement" boards on ebay that were worse than my original...My original board will sometimes work correctly with a good picture then it goes to a full white image with the video still in the background...
        I wanted to "see" the images that were posted here and needed to register to do so...
        I am a moderator at kia-forums.com (also a vBulletin based forum and part of the Auto-Guide.com family) so this format is not uncomfortable for me...
        I will be around as like I said I'm an electronic tech...
        Thanks..
        Dave

Comment

Found you after taking apart an lcd tv. electronics engineer a long time ago, moldy now from management environment. want to shake the mold and dirty the hands again.

Comment

I've been looking for a sight like this one for some time. it seems that there is a vault of knowledge to be learned, and I hope to do so.

A bit about me, I'm a retired project supervisor from a California medium tech software and hardware development company. Now I find myself spoiled by all of the in-house support I've lost, and the necessity of developing my own diagnostic capabilities.

Comment

Just decided to join your forums. I found this place when I was searching for help for a polaroid TLX 04244B TV that will not turn on , but blinks seven times.

Comment

Hello All...just joined today to get some help on my tv. So hopefully I'll find the answers here or get the right direction!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi All,
                  I've joined today to make a post about my LG TV which has vertical lines in right part of the screen. Good luck all of you badcaps members - it's a great place to learn and share knowledge.

Comment

hi,
                    my name is Marko, el.engineer from Croatia. Got an old LG plasma and recap it...this solved some issues but I still have problem with white snow in dark areas. decided to look for help here...

Comment

Well, I've been here for couple weeks already but I guess I should still introduce myself. I go by "Lookimback" when online. I chose that name because I was offline for a few years (didn't have a computer) and had to open a new email account because my old one must have been deleted due to inactivity. I was just brainstorming trying to find an email I could remember and lookimback came up as a suggestion when I typed something similar. I liked the sound of it so I went with it. As for this site, I love it. I needed a hobby and I used to fix the old CRT sets and VCRs about 20 years ago but somewhere along the line I stopped and forgot just how much enjoyment I got out of it. A few weeks ago, a person I do home improvements asked me if I could fix his Vizio vx42l which was flickering and ticking/snapping. I had just fixed the volume control on a little stereo we found in his new house (just needed cleaning) so we would have some music and, figuring I had some knowledge of electronics, asked me to look at his TV. At first I was doubtful but when I plugged it in and turned it on I immediately recognized the sound of leaking caps. I then Googled the model number and symptoms. That led me to this forum. Thanks to an old thread here and some advice from Tom66, I was able to fix the set with 4 new caps purchased from Digikey. Now, I find myself scouring the classifieds and craigslist looking for non-working TVs every chance I get. That being said, I think I'm gonna be here for a while.
                      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Hi all - my name is Steve and I'm just starting to get into TV repair. Really need some help with an issue and this seems like the best site to ask for it.

Comment

Hello, I'm a person who loves tinkering with electronics, especially capacitors! Well that's about it I guess

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello.

I Joined the forum to find some info about some replacement caps for (infamos CapXon)

Comment

Hello everybody!!!

I hope this forums is great.

Comment

hi my name is joe904 just thought I would jump in and say hi . I have a Toshiba pdp50xxro1o plasma tv. the problem is that when you turn on it will come on fine . after about 10min. it shuts down . it will turn on again manually or remote and do the same thing. could thisbe the ysus or control board. no visual damage. any suggestions thanks

Comment

hi I am joe904 this forum is very interesting . glad to hopefully a part of.. thanks

Comment

Hey all, looking for a bit of help with my Samsung LN55C630

Comment

Hi everyone.

Joining here to know a little bit more.

Comment

Hello everyone, I do not have the electronics background that many of you have, I am an auto mechanic by trade but have taken some electronics classes that where put on by General Motors back in the days when I worked at a Chevrolet dealership. I cannot stand to have anything that does not work and will try to repair almost anything currently that would be the plasma TV.

Comment

Working...
                                          X