This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello guys. My name is Raquel, and I stumbled across the board looking for a fix for a e701i-a3 I'm looking at getting from Craigslist for an absurdly cheap price.

Comment

I'm OSO THE BEAR!! I amm proud to be a part of this group and wish all to be well

Comment

Hi, Im Huw .
        Working from an AV repair centre in Mid Wales.

Comment

Hello. After viewing the forums for some time, I have decided to join.

Comment

Hola gracias por la inscripción.
            Soy oficial electrónico que después de jubilarme he retomado el oficio para tratar de ayudar a una persona que necesita un trabajo pues tiene cuatro hijos... espero me puedan ayudar ,yo aportaré lo que pueda muchas gracias.
            Paco Ventaja

Comment

I joined so I could fix my Panasonic plasma TV. I'm a EE with many years experience.

Bill

Comment

Hello everybody. My name is Rob, I am 28 and work in Jersey and live in Pennsylvania. I have a college degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Automotive Technology. Plenty of mechanical, audio and cable assembly experience... not so much video experience. I like to fix things, especially when they benefit me and my wallet. Looking to expand my knowledge and hopefully be able to assist others, with atleast some help, in the future.

Won't lie though, I do currently have a free broken tv I am attempting to diagnose, which is why I joined this page. I will not clutter this thread with that problem.

Comment

Hi, I've been working on a broken monitor I have, and have dug through the forums a bit, and still am confused about some stuff, so I'm posting here so I can make a post asking about it.

Comment

Wanted to say hello, My name is Harry I run a TV repair service in Syracuse, NY We have been in business since 1960. I Took over in 1978 from my father, Harry. My son Harry now works with me we call him De for lack of confusing.
                    These forums are very helpful to all service centers to receive technical support and to also give it.
                    Thanks to all of you..
                    Harry.

Comment

hello everyone, here to learn on laptop repair, started with an atari 2600, then comodore c16 then c64 with 1541 (great for game trading in early 80's in manchester arndale) then on to amiga, progressed on to pc in late 90's some chip replacement on sat boxes in 2005 at49lv chips hotair station, look forward to learning thanks guys

Comment

Hi!!! I am ddadio, at 58yrs old I still think of myself as an amateur electronics explorer. Although Iv bluffed my way in and out of few pretty good jobs requiring a good understanding or better of the workings of mr electron and the world of electronics. I have no formal training in electronics or electrical.
                        I have worked as an electricians helper. worked on single phase and 3-phase electrical sysytems. even built a rock show lighting system out of 12v car headlamps
                        I do enjoy finding out what makes things tick and if possible making things retick after theyve lost there tick.

Comment

Hi all, I have just joined after finding this forum with useful repair information for electronic equipment. I recently had rotting electrolytic cap problems on a 3 year old ASUS motherboard (surprising because I would have assumed that the manufacturers got their act together after 15 years).
                          Yesterday my Samsung PS58C7000 plasma TV made a loud bang and the picture went blank (completely black screen). This forum had some discussions about this specific model. I first thought that the loud bag was an exploding tantalum cap, but there wasn't the characteristic smell. When I pulled the back off the TV I couldn't see any obvious damage. Unfortunately I couldn't find a service manual for the TV.
                          Fun job for tonight to figure out what happend.
                          Cheers
                          Tom Hunter

Comment

Hi, hello all.
                            I'm a laptop technician from Indonesia. Experienced about 5 years.

Comment

hi all.. I stumbled across badcaps.net looking for a fix for my latest problem.... bios lock on a Toshiba sat pro R50-B. I am 56 and have been using computers since 1985 when I started studying Comp Sc degree at Murdoch Uni West Oz. worked on mainframes, PCs, and UNIX machines. Mainly sys admin on SUN Microsystems. anyway enough about me, hopefully can get some help with this problem. cheers.

Comment

Trying to fix an ASUS N76VB laptop I came across this forum. By just reading about others solving their problems I could quickly learn and find what the problem with my laptop is.

I have an EE background but mostly I am programming electronics, i.e. writing embedded software. It's nice to be able to read schematics though

Comment

Hello everyone ...

I am student and willing to learn. But sadly, i am the instructor too of the said student.

Thanks for the warm welcome

wbr,

Comment

My name is Doug and I teach a high school electronics class in a vocational school. We are able to get a lot of TVs to work on so it nice to have some help.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm Fernando'm 28 years old and I'm from Portugal.
                                      I do some types of repairs to computers and wrote me the forum to be able to help and be helped.
                                      I apologize for my bad English. :S
                                      This is my first post ...

Comment

hi newbie here but have fixed over 10 sets by viewing your threads and want to say thanks for the brilliant site...i am amature repair at flea market but am learning...

Comment

Joined hoping to find rare board view for A1370 K99 LIO

First laptop repair attempt

Comment

Working...
                                          X