List of pin-compatible PSU ICs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of pin-compatible PSU ICs

I figured out this forum needs one. I just found that a rather obscure PWM/supervisor chip was pin-compatible with another rather obscure PWM/supervisor chip that i happened to have lying around (and thought i'll never find an use for). Successfully swapped one for the other and brought another PSU back from the dead. Anyone's free to chime in, so here we go.

The ones everybody knows about (or should know):
    • TL494 = xx494 = KA7500B
    • TL431 = xx431
    • UC384x = TL384x = AS384x* = FA1384x*

*The AS384x (Astec) and FA1384x (Fuji Electric) are pin-compatible with all other 384x chips but are spec'd a little differently, so caution is advised.

And the obscure one i found about today:
    • Chip Goal CG8010DX = Weltrend WT7520

Another obscure one off the top of my head (fairly sure it's correct, but do your own research before you try):
    • DAP015D = L6599D
    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 03-30-2013, 08:35 PM.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: List of pin-compatible PSU ICs

I've got one more for ya:

CM6800* = ML4800 = FAN4800 (the CM's supposed to be a CMOS version for the ML; supports a slightly higher supply voltage)
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Re: List of pin-compatible PSU ICs

Ir3m02 = tl494
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X