Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air A1466 EMC 2925 MDM help

Hi
    I have received such laptop with MDM enrollment to service and it has no EFI and no iCloud lock at all, just the MDM enrollment.
    I have a good solution for EFI and iCloud locks (called HDB) but in this case they can not do anything as it need to change the serial, because that serial is enrolled by MDM on a company. I have read the firmware backup and tried to follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM this guy here, but when I open the .HDB file it has different structure from those that are read with third party programmers like CH341 and RT809 and TL866, and as such I couldn't find the SSN and hwc as this @Piernov guy says ..Also UEFI tool doesn't open .HDB format...
    I am limited to RT809H and this HDB, but I don't know if I can try (is it risky to damage my box or the laptop) to insert this HDB cable to this port on the RT809H to make a normal .BIN reading of the macbooks firmware through the HDB cable ?
    Any body any idea?

Attached is the file readed in .HDB format...if anybody could try to help me until I receive a USB that I ordered from Macunlocks which is perfect for SSN, MDM, DEP removal without opening laptops (as advertised by them, it may not work but I will try when I receive it).

BR
    Attached Files

Re: MacBook Air A1466 EMC 2925 MDM help

Not sure what HDB is, but by the looks of it the file is in a custom format which is not a raw dump of the SPI ROM, and the content even looks like it's compressed/encrypted. So not much to do with that file. However maybe you can ask their support if they have a solution for that…

You need to take a raw dump of the SPI ROM. RT809H can indeed do it but I have no idea if the cable you have will work, I'd assume not. Wrong cable could damage the board if the power pins (VCC and GND) are reversed for example so be careful.

There are cables that plug into J6100 on one end and have a standard DIP8 connector with 25-series SPI ROM pinout on the other end you can plug into the programmer, you can get them on eBay (search for "MacBook SPI Cable" for example) but they are a bit expensive. Personally I just desolder the SPI ROM and solder it onto a WSON8 to DIP8 adapter board.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by ordinateur View Post
      Hi
      I have received such laptop with MDM enrollment to service and it has no EFI and no iCloud lock at all, just the MDM enrollment.
      I have a good solution for EFI and iCloud locks (called HDB) but in this case they can not do anything as it need to change the serial, because that serial is enrolled by MDM on a company. I have read the firmware backup and tried to follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM this guy here, but when I open the .HDB file it has different structure from those that are read with third party programmers like CH341 and RT809 and TL866, and as such I couldn't find the SSN and hwc as this @Piernov guy says ..Also UEFI tool doesn't open .HDB format...
      I am limited to RT809H and this HDB, but I don't know if I can try (is it risky to damage my box or the laptop) to insert this HDB cable to this port on the RT809H to make a normal .BIN reading of the macbooks firmware through the HDB cable ?
      Any body any idea?

Attached is the file readed in .HDB format...if anybody could try to help me until I receive a USB that I ordered from Macunlocks which is perfect for SSN, MDM, DEP removal without opening laptops (as advertised by them, it may not work but I will try when I receive it).

BR
      dear brother can u share usb files ?

Comment

It is a hardware USB which can not be shared.

Originally posted by macospk View Post
        dear brother can u share usb files ?

Comment

Working...
        X