This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. I am new to the forum. I like to salvage and attempt to repair/modify electronics when possible. This is a great forum with a lot of really smart members. I hope to learn a lot. Thanks.

Comment

Hey! everybody,

I'm new to this community so let me give you all my best *Bonjour* to you. How to introduce myself?

Well, I'm a freelancer, mainly a composer of all kind of things. Music, fine Arts, electronics, *Bricolages*... I mostly make music for theater plays, always digging more to bring some novelty and tweaks to the public.

Studying is my life and my curiosity help me a lot hence my propensity to repair things. I started more seriously to repair computers with the Apple ][e in the early '80s. That was very easy at that time!! I still do this as the other part of my career - if we can say so.
      (That's why I don't understand how I didn't fell into this community before?)

Anyway, with the Covid19 quarantines and curfew (yup!), no surprise that all the theater side of my jobs went practically in hibernation. But Macs regularly land on my repair bench so it's ok. Since I'm putting more time in that job, it's the perfect moment to learn more stuff and share knowledges.

Besides, I have a personal quarantine project: building my first DIY Eurorack synth. This is very cool to do and it joins Music and Electronics, I love it!

There, it's a beginning.

Peace!

Comment

Hi everyone. Quick introduction from me, I'm Areba and I am here to find help repairing my tv after a long trawl of the internet. Hope we will spent a good time here. Wish me luck

Comment

Hello everyone! Smoxx here!

Regards!
          Last edited by Smoxx; 02-01-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone, a brief introduction from an humble IT in France.

I hope i'll learn from this forum and sometimes help if i can.

Take care everyone,

Comment

Hi everyone.
              Im Thakrim and I'm into all types of diy.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello!
                I'm from London and I have a broken TV and I'm trying to fix atm.
                It's pretty cool having a new soldering iron and multimeter but I'm not sure I know what I'm doing yet!
                Here goes noth-

Comment

Hi there! I'm new in this area, but it looks a very good website

Comment

Thank you for making this resource available
                    xwr

Comment

Hi, thanks for maintaining this forum. I am a electronics hobbyist.

Comment

Hi All, My name is Bill and i have been working with PC's, Laptops and Tech Since the days of the Sinclair ZX80 & 81. Although my skills are in Horticultural Engineering I Have repaired technology for 40 years working briefly as an installing engineer for Gateway. As I near retirement I am ramping up my business repairing Laptops and Consumer IT.

Thanks for maintaining the forum and I look forward to chatting to everyone.

Comment

Retired guy that loves tinkering with all things mechanical and electronic

Comment

Hello everyone. I am from Poland and my hobby is electronics and IT. Greetings to all :-)

Comment

hello my friends, like this forum, so I will post some tricks

Comment

Hi everybody.
                                I,m alpha1, working in electrocics field as a hobbyist since 1996 and a Computer Engineer since 2018

Comment

Good mornings KennykAos ere greetings from darkest lancashire

waxchucker and digger .been pottering bout fixing things since some posh kid gave me a dead C64 when i was ten it was the slowblow cost me ten pee hehe . looking to widen me scope into electronics . i fix power tools so if anyone needs some tips hit me up

cymande

Comment

Hello, i registered to this forum to troubleshoot laptop keyboard issue, this forum seemd good because theres lots of conversation about laptops bioses and issue fixing, im computer fixer and builder

Comment

Hello badcaps, I have registered in the forum to try to get some advice on how to repair mostly a pc board. I started in computers world on 80.s wiht an Amstrad CPC 6128 microcomputer.
                                      I am fond of repair (tv, audio mostly).
                                      I have "medium decent" equipment, but little knowledge.
                                      Hopefully you can give me a hand.

Comment

Hi all, I'm a newbie, my name is Richard, I'm from Lancashire in England (UK) I'm struggling with how to view a zip file, I've extracted it but I don't know how to view it (iphone6s zip) I'm hoping to be able to view the board in detail, can anyone help me please, what do i need to do?

Hope this finds its way to the knowing hehe,

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Comment

can anyone see this?

Comment

Working...
                                          X