Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Internal Shots of the Logitech Z313

Great Pictures!!!
    By the way, did you saw an improvement in audio quality by re-caping the board???
    might give it a shot
    cheers

Comment

Bumping this really old post because I have an issue with one of these. I haven't even attempted to disassemble it yet. I've had it for a couple years, though I replaced the speakers with some Jensens when I first got it. Problem is that it's got constant static out of one channel. Never notice it when there's output, but it annoys the hell out of me when it's sitting idle. It's not the speakers, I tried a set of headphones and they do it too. It's been this way forever, but I think it's worse now. I actually had accepted that this was just how it is until I realized that it's only 1 channel that exhibits the issue.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

It could be a potentiometer, no? I have a 5.1 channel Creative, with the same issue.

Comment

The creative speakers have so much hot glue all over the place, it's a complete pain...

Have solved static on speakers before by cleaning the volume knobs (potentiometers) as tibimakai says. Be patient though, and you'll have no problem taking it apart and putting it back together.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

That is what I have done too, cleaned the potentiometer internally(graphite coating).
            They were multiple ones, on the same axis.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
              It could be a potentiometer, no? I have a 5.1 channel Creative, with the same issue.
              I removed the external volume control/power switch a couple months ago. Wire connections are all soldered and covered in heat shrink. Looking at the pics in this thread, I don't see any other pots. Could the cheap caps be the cause? Or maybe a dry solder joint? Maybe I'll take it apart tomorrow and have a look. I'm tempted to wait until I get my scope, just to see how the static looks on it.

Comment

I have it figured out. Not fixed yet, but pretty sure it's the input wires. When I remove all the input wires I just get the normal hum but not the static. I thought maybe it was the jack, so I cut it off, but still the same. Tried replacing it with a headphone wire, but it became way worse. I'm thinking it's the cheap wire acting like an antenna, but that doesn't explain why only one side does it. I'm going to order a high quality shielded cable for it and see what difference it makes. Also, mine is a revised version. I made some changes, among them, cutting off the wire nuts which had wires sticking out of them, and soldered/shrink wrapped the connections. And the hot glue, they went nuts with that.
                Attached Files

Comment

I was correct, it was the cheap cable acting as an antenna. I replaced it with a really good shielded cable. This cable is a 1/4" in diameter and came with gold plated jacks on the ends. I had to drill out the hole it goes through, but my step drill made quick work of that. Also had to lose the ferrite because the cable was too big. I lost the pads so I just soldered the wires to the test points that were about a 1/4" away. There's no static at all now and it sounds way better.

This is the cable I used. $12.95 for a 20' length.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice work! I'm a bit surprised that a crappy cable can cause so much trouble, though.

I would probably have added a 3.5 mm jack input on the speaker instead - that way you can put any cable you want.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                      I would probably have added a 3.5 mm jack input on the speaker instead - that way you can put any cable you want.

I actually thought of that after it was done too.
                      Last edited by lookimback; 02-26-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Hi, i have a problem with this speaker, the power board don't shows any output voltage..
                        I start to repair it, but see that is bether change it...
                        Need to know the output voltage and amp..
                        Is it 12v 1amp?

Comment

I'm not sure what the voltages are. Are you getting input voltages?

Comment

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Z313 amp, power supply, wired remote?

Comment

I bypassed my remote. Speaker wires are red, white, and black, black being common. Then the green is a ground, which is for the LED. That leaves you with blue and purple, which are 5vstby and PS_on, though I can't remember which is which, I think blue is stby. I simply shorted purple to blue on mine.

Comment

Can anybody write output voltage of the transformer of this speakers ?

Comment

Originally posted by makselis View Post
                                  Can anybody write output voltage of the transformer of this speakers ?
                                  The large filter cap is 25V 4700uF, so you're looking at a 12V transformer, but it will output more than 12V without load.
                                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Hello,

I have disassemble the control pod of my Z313 a few months ago.
                                    Problem is that I have lost my notes regarding the wiring.
                                    Can any body tell me how to connect it?
                                    What I am sure is the wiring of the ground, The red and white (connected to the potentiometer).
                                    What I don't know is the wiring of the three remaing wires (blue, purple and green).
                                    I think, Blue and purple are connected together (through a switch) and green is connected to the Ground. I also Think the Led is connected between the green and the ground.

Can Anybody confirm this? Or better, Have a scematics of the circuit? with the colour of the wires.

Thank you for your time

Comment

Originally posted by yopuser View Post
                                      Hello,
                                      I think, Blue and purple are connected together (through a switch) and green is connected to the Ground. I also Think the Led is connected between the green and the ground.

Can Anybody confirm this? Or better, Have a scematics of the circuit? with the colour of the wires.

Thank you for your time
                                      I believe blue and purple are connected through the switch. I can't recall which is which. One is going to be standby voltage, the other is PS_on. Green is not ground. Black is. I think you are correct that the LED connects between green and ground though.

If you have a multimeter, you can test for voltage on blue and purple. The one with voltage, probably around 5vdc, is going to be PS_on. I think blue. I bypassed my control completely so I no longer have it to look at.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

thank you for the answer,
                                        I will test the voltage (Have a multimeter, Yipie)
                                        I will then reconnect and give it a try.

Thank you again.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                          X